News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Being playing Death Road to Canada. Fun little, party based zombie themed game about trying to get to Canada (which zombies apparently don't like). Picked up on the cheap via the 2017 best of humble bundle. Procedurally generated adventuring.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

I've ended up picking up Kingdom Come  :Embarrass: Having read about all the glitches, I quite like it so far, just done with the prologue.

If combat doesn't get quicker and less awkward later on I'll may complain, but for now it fits well the fact that your character doesn't actually know how to use a sword.

Also I am highly offended: the bad guys speak Hungarian.

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on February 15, 2018, 11:58:04 AM

[Laughs in Latin]
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

That gives you an unfair language advantage :angry:

Is there horse combat?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on February 15, 2018, 12:22:14 PM

Is there horse combat?

IDK, but FFS: I was SURE the game fucking saved as I just got to the bloody end of the prolouge and the start of the first "proper" scene. I had to rush so I shut it down.

It did NOT save. I am back to the very start of the last prologue story part, that's about 15 minutes of gaming if not more. WTF

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on February 15, 2018, 01:06:14 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 15, 2018, 12:22:14 PM

Is there horse combat?

IDK, but FFS: I was SURE the game fucking saved as I just got to the bloody end of the prolouge and the start of the first "proper" scene. I had to rush so I shut it down.

It did NOT save. I am back to the very start of the last prologue story part, that's about 15 minutes of gaming if not more. WTF

Maybe having annoying features is a cunning ploy to make people hate racism?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

So can you not manually save? Since I work for a living and have kids this means I pretty much could only play at night if I cannot shut it down at a moment's notice.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on February 15, 2018, 01:15:26 PM

So can you not manually save? Since I work for a living and have kids this means I pretty much could only play at night if I cannot shut it down at a moment's notice.

Yeah you have a special drink that you can drink to save.

Right now there is some kind of hack people posted that you can use to save whenever, and the developers have said they'll patch in a proper save feature. I don't know what they were thinking.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tamas on February 15, 2018, 01:30:38 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 15, 2018, 01:15:26 PM

Yeah you have a special drink that you can drink to save.

Right now there is some kind of hack people posted that you can use to save whenever, and the developers have said they'll patch in a proper save feature. I don't know what they were thinking.

"Dark souls doesn't let you save all the time & it's super thrilling & fun!"
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

I think they did to stop save scumming. Which is fine but you still need to be able to save freely in case, you know, the freaking game crashes or something.

The potion would be cool if it restored a save game (and somehow still be consumed) and the only other way you could restore is if you were dead.

Or they could just have an iron man option like most games.

garbon

If a player wants to save scum, isn't that on them? Why do devs need to be heavy handed on that aspect?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on February 15, 2018, 01:45:01 PM
If a player wants to save scum, isn't that on them? Why do devs need to be heavy handed on that aspect?

Because they want a more HARD CORE experience :P

But yeah I cannot imagine they thought that would be popular.

Alcibiades

Picked it up on release, game is really good and extremely immersive.  20 hours in and I've barely progressed the story.  Save feature is annoying, but makes sense in some ways.

I modded it and save scum before big fights/thefts etc. any way.  :sleep:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Valmy

Quote from: Alcibiades on February 18, 2018, 10:57:57 PM
Picked it up on release, game is really good and extremely immersive.  20 hours in and I've barely progressed the story.  Save feature is annoying, but makes sense in some ways.

I modded it and save scum before big fights/thefts etc. any way.  :sleep:

Yeah I cannot wait to play it. Everybody whose opinion I respect has said it is fantastic.

Unfortunately it will be a couple months at least.

Tamas

It has got me pretty hooked for sure.

They got the starting from nothing feeling quite right. The save system no doubt helps with that, but still the game should save when you quit. I also have applied the save hack because I simply cannot play the game otherwise.