News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I love transportation sims (as you guys know I play both Euro and American Truck Simulator, and Flight Simulator), but... I don't get train sims.  You have an accelerator, and you have a brake.  Yay! :hmm:  I'd love to get a boat simulator too at some point, but the ones I've looked at on Steam are either unfinished or seem too arcade-y.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Maladict

Quote from: Caliga on October 30, 2020, 11:55:27 AM
I love transportation sims (as you guys know I play both Euro and American Truck Simulator, and Flight Simulator), but... I don't get train sims.  You have an accelerator, and you have a brake.  Yay! :hmm:  I'd love to get a boat simulator too at some point, but the ones I've looked at on Steam are either unfinished or seem too arcade-y.

Not sure what it is. I've almost pulled the trigger on those truck sims a couple of times, even though I loathe trucks and anything trucking related.

Syt

The Minecraft Lord of the Rings server, that builds the world of Lord of the Rings in Minecraft, celebrates its 10th Anniversary with a video:

https://youtu.be/_VKLCwzfKKc
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Started playing Jedi: Fallen Order. Bit of Sekiro, bit of Tomb Raider. I like it so far. The soundtrack is excellent. I do play on easy to storymode difficulty, though, because I lack the patience to get good at the combat.  :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Syt on November 08, 2020, 12:33:32 PM
Started playing Jedi: Fallen Order. Bit of Sekiro, bit of Tomb Raider. I like it so far. The soundtrack is excellent. I do play on easy to storymode difficulty, though, because I lack the patience to get good at the combat.  :blush:

finished it about two weeks ago on regular (with some switches to easy because I couldn't be bothered to redo certain bossfights 20 times). A fun ride though not superoutstanding.
But that's not always a requirement.
The lightsaber duelling is -however- top notch and not as complex (re different moves) as final entries in the Jedi Knight/Jedi Academy series.

Syt

Yeah, the parry/block stamina is very much inspired by Sekiro - which is a good idea. It's a bit more arcade than in Sekiro where you parry/attack to break your opponent's posture and then land the killing blow.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

Been thinking about buying a steam box or some 3rd party similar thing to send pc games to the living room.anyone tried this?

I've realised with working from home it's super unhealthy to be playing pc games at my desk given its where I am working. If I can move this elsewhere then it will reduce the negative.

Also contemplating a switch and/or ps5. Never had a ps4 and there's a fair few exclusives from that having a ps5 would be good for too.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on November 08, 2020, 01:32:04 PM
Been thinking about buying a steam box or some 3rd party similar thing to send pc games to the living room.anyone tried this?

I've realised with working from home it's super unhealthy to be playing pc games at my desk given its where I am working. If I can move this elsewhere then it will reduce the negative.

Also contemplating a switch and/or ps5. Never had a ps4 and there's a fair few exclusives from that having a ps5 would be good for too.

I do it via the steam link app on my TV. Although right now I'm not 100% sure you can set it up so you can have your controller tied to your TV and not your computer (I usually just use it to stream stuff to my TV with the controller plugged to my laptop).

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Tyr on November 08, 2020, 01:32:04 PM

I've been using shadow for this.  Will post a full review on the weekend.  You can play PC games on pretty much any screen including an Ipad.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Tamas

Ubisoft wanted to be sure not to be targeted by the Twitter mob so in AssCreed Valhalla you can change your gender back and forth on the fly.

However, this wasn't enough because one NPC had in their description the word "disfigured" in reference to a burned face, so the company apologised for the "ableist" wording following some lone tweet pointing it out as terrible.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on November 12, 2020, 05:02:39 AM
Ubisoft wanted to be sure not to be targeted by the Twitter mob so in AssCreed Valhalla you can change your gender back and forth on the fly.

However, this wasn't enough because one NPC had in their description the word "disfigured" in reference to a burned face, so the company apologised for the "ableist" wording following some lone tweet pointing it out as terrible.

I think Ubisoft are probably particularly sensitive given everything that just went down.

Also, reading further I think the offense (if any) is that it falls into a trope of the disfigured being/acting monstrous. So said reference noted the disfigurement causing that person to periodically lash out with rage.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Viking seems to be pretty good, based on initial reactions, though.

I may pick it up in a few years when I've played Origins and Odyssey. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Yeah I really enjoyed Origins and Odyssey so I am very tempted to just shell out the full price, life's too short.

On the other hand, while I suspect I completed the main storyline bit in Odyssey, I still have a lot of the secret evil society to mop up, so perhaps I should return to that instead.

Josquius

I really should get back to the pirate one someday. I stopped playing as I got myself stuck trying to complete the side quest super hard ship battles and everything. It was fun though.
I've heard Syndicate is awful? Which is a shame as it is a great setting.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on November 12, 2020, 06:55:56 AM
I really should get back to the pirate one someday. I stopped playing as I got myself stuck trying to complete the side quest super hard ship battles and everything. It was fun though.
I've heard Syndicate is awful? Which is a shame as it is a great setting.

AssCreed IV is essentially GTA: Pirates. I found it really fun.

I have  the Egypt one to play through... too little time, too many games. Having a Switch complicates things, because I now have a bunch of JRPGs to go through...