News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Started playing 'Forge of Empires' - strategy browser game heavily advertised a few years ago, I'm rather enjoying it, lots city design/building, production choices etc.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Iormlund

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 04, 2019, 08:51:44 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on November 03, 2019, 11:34:28 AM
I've gotten some very mild queasiness if I get into a 3D FPS-type game after have been away from one for a while.  Readapt quickly though.

I have never been able to play them, nausea is just minutes away.

I've had that problem since Half-life 2. Widening the Field of View works for me. It seems developers have been narrowing it down to keep the amount of stuff on the screen low (and gain FPS).

crazy canuck

Quote from: mongers on November 04, 2019, 08:57:17 AM
Started playing 'Forge of Empires' - strategy browser game heavily advertised a few years ago, I'm rather enjoying it, lots city design/building, production choices etc.

Some friendly advice, step away now.  It starts off innocuous enough but the business model is entirely based on getting you sucked in to an early game where the micro transactions are purely optional to the mid game where they start becoming important quality of life and game enhancing requirements.  Lots of people look at the time they have spent playing and justify a few dollars here are there to make their life in the game easier.

FunkMonk

So Red Dead Redemption 2 launches for the PC today, if you're one of the folks who've been waiting for the PC release.

I think you have to buy it through Rockstar or through Epic, though. Steam release is not until December.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

I have a 3 week break in December. I might get it then.

But I have still too many other "big games" to get through. Witcher 3. AC: Origins and Odyssey. Etc.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

I'm really hesitant to buy anything from the Epic store.  If I have a game on there I will likely just forget it.  That's what happens with the Origins store.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 04, 2019, 04:04:40 PM
Quote from: mongers on November 04, 2019, 08:57:17 AM

Some friendly advice, step away now.  It starts off innocuous enough but the business model is entirely based on getting you sucked in to an early game where the micro transactions are purely optional to the mid game where they start becoming important quality of life and game enhancing requirements.  Lots of people look at the time they have spent playing and justify a few dollars here are there to make their life in the game easier.

CC, thanks for the advice, I'll give it a while longer, as it's a harmless thing to have going on in the background whilst I read the web.  :)

Tamas

mongers

Quote from: Tamas on November 06, 2019, 07:44:56 AM
Famous last words :D

:D

I'll get to the end of the iron age and give up then  :P

If this were a stand alone city builder game ala Caesar II I'd almost certainly pay for the game.

Tamas

So, is this new star wars game any good? You can get it already with Origin Premium.

Iormlund

Quote from: Tamas on November 12, 2019, 03:50:21 AM
So, is this new star wars game any good? You can get it already with Origin Premium.

Looked it up on Steam:

QuoteIncorporates 3rd-party DRM: EA on-line activation and Origin client software installation and background use required.
Requires 3rd-Party Account: EA Account (Supports Linking to Steam Account)

Pass.

Tamas

Thanks, grandpa :p

What more concerns me are the review embargo and the exclusion of the game from the Origin Access 10 hours trial scheme. The latter with the cringe worthy excuse of avoiding spoilers.

The game must be pretty bad.

celedhring

The game looked utterly uninteresting in the previews I watched. YMMV.

Zoupa

Is this the fallen Jedi thing? It's impossible to tell from the previews.

I guess that was the point with EA.

celedhring

Gameplay-wise it looked like a Force Unleashed rehash.