News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

For a Ubisoft game, just buy it on Uplay. Epic or Steam, still gotta use Uplay to play it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Solmyr

I just got Borderlands 2 and all DLC for 14 € on Steam sale. Should I also get Borderlands 1 and play it first for the story?

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

In April 1st Gaming News, Ubisoft has a Rabbids crossover event in For Honor today.

And Rainbow Six Siege has a week long "Rainbow is Magic" event with pink unicorns and hostages replaced by furries, and .... well, look for yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyzqxRHLPpk

:lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

KRonn

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 29, 2019, 03:43:51 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on March 29, 2019, 02:08:31 PM
The new Anno 1800 game, however, looks fucking ace.

Yeah, I eagerly await that release

Nice, I hadn't heard about this next version of the game. I'll be watching for it.  :)

Solmyr

Threviel

I don't know why, I haven't played any Bioware for ages, but I found that article interesting. Thanks.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote from: Solmyr on April 03, 2019, 12:45:10 PM
So yeah, Anthem development was a huge clusterfuck (it's a long read). https://kotaku.com/how-biowares-anthem-went-wrong-1833731964

QuoteMany at the company now grumble that the success of 2014's Dragon Age: Inquisition was one of the worst things that could have happened to them. The third Dragon Age, which won Game of the Year at the 2014 Game Awards, was the result of a brutal production process plagued by indecision and technical challenges. It was mostly built over the course of its final year, which led to lengthy crunch hours and lots of exhaustion. "Some of the people in Edmonton were so burnt out," said one former BioWare developer. "They were like, 'We needed [Dragon Age: Inquisition] to fail in order for people to realize that this isn't the right way to make games.'"

Damn. Sorry guys.

If it makes them feel any better I did not buy the game until late 2015 :P

QuoteWithin the studio, there's a term called "BioWare magic." It's a belief that no matter how rough a game's production might be, things will always come together in the final months.

So you are telling me that Bioware took its management inspiration from the way the United Kingdom has traditionally been governed? Typical Canadians.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Speaking of Bioware, we haven't seen Neil in a while, have we? :unsure:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on April 04, 2019, 10:16:58 AM
Speaking of Bioware, we haven't seen Neil in a while, have we? :unsure:

Not since last year.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on April 04, 2019, 10:02:09 AM
So you are telling me that Bioware took its management inspiration from the way the United Kingdom has traditionally been governed? Typical Canadians.

Didnt the Canadians who started it stop managing after they sold?

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 04, 2019, 01:04:25 PM

Not immediately, but yes they're gone now.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/177892/BioWares_founding_doctors_leave_video_games_behind.php
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 04, 2019, 01:04:25 PM

Yes and it was not managed like that back when they were in charge. Or at least it did not seem like it. Sure they had crazy ambitious goals and visions but it seemed like they had plenty of time and enough planning to make it work.

Granted they were only a small/medium developer at the time.

Syt

Didn't expect this: Slitherine will publish Fantasy General II. They got the license from GOG, but you will be able to buy it from both GOG and Steam.

It looks pretty.

https://www.gog.com/game/fantasy_general_ii

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1025440/Fantasy_General_II/
—Stephen Jay Gould