Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on March 25, 2019, 07:05:23 AM
From Sekiro subreddit, but applies for me to all RPGs, ever.

Yep.
Big thing that massively slows my play in BG and especially Eldar Scrolls games.
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 25, 2019, 08:09:53 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on March 24, 2019, 05:38:31 PM
Played over 20 hours of Tom Clancy's The Division 2 from Ubisoft.

It's basically Diablo 3 with guns. I'm loving it.

PC?

I play it too & basically for the same reasons. The open beta sold me on the game.

PC. I'm funk_monk on UPlay. I usually play with my brother so I'm not even level capped at 30 yet.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Grey Fox

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 26, 2019, 02:27:54 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 25, 2019, 08:09:53 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on March 24, 2019, 05:38:31 PM
Played over 20 hours of Tom Clancy's The Division 2 from Ubisoft.

It's basically Diablo 3 with guns. I'm loving it.

PC?

I play it too & basically for the same reasons. The open beta sold me on the game.

PC. I'm funk_monk on UPlay. I usually play with my brother so I'm not even level capped at 30 yet.

Arth0is. I play mostly alone & I am also not capped, don't expect to hit it for another month or 2.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Quote from: Syt on August 17, 2018, 09:35:19 AM
Gameplay trailer for Generation Zero.

Hunting killer robots and survival.

Setting: Sweden, November 1989.  :huh:

It looks very pretty, though.

It looks like the game might not be very good. :(

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/03/28/generation-zero-review/

QuoteThere's a lot of repetition, underscored by the repetition in the environment. It's an appropriately bleak, rainy, robot-infested world to stomp around in, but I've seen the same houses, vehicles, barns and cabins so many times. And it has so, so many bugs. Most of them are small, but they're so numerous that it sets a tone. Scenery collides with scenery; wooden platforms float as if by magic; doors open into the ground; items disappear and reappear from the inventory. I could go on.

I'm being rough on Generation Zero, and almost feel bad. It has so much potential, and is close to being an decent game. I want to love it, and maybe one day I could. As it stands, though, this needs a lot more time invested in it. It needs patching, it needs a UI overhaul, it needs more variation in enemy types and it needs more finesse in its combat. You can see that there's a fun and rewarding game in there, but it's buried deep under distracting technical bugs, an overabundance of unsatisfying items and infuriating ammunition boxes. In fact, if you wanted to describe the issue with a Swedish word, you could say that there's no omsättning. There's no turnover, no change, no development. It's perpetually a pain in the rumpa and it stays that way no matter how far you progress, no matter what items or skills you unlock.

Maybe can be salvaged by post-release patches and changes?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Meh, his whole shtick is breaking games. Doesn't mean the games are shit.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on March 29, 2019, 09:56:42 AM
Meh, his whole shtick is breaking games. Doesn't mean the games are shit.

There was an open beta of Tropico 6. It is quite clearly the best version of Tropico. It is also quite clearly a very superficial change from 5.

Syt

I'm aware, but I haven't really played Tropico since 3, so it might be time to update for me. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on March 29, 2019, 10:01:20 AM
I'm aware, but I haven't really played Tropico since 3, so it might be time to update for me. :P

Ah then there's no question. :) Tropico 5 was quite nice. They have added some extra buttons you can press for missions (called them Pirates and such), and divided the map up into smaller islands, and are calling it Tropico 6.

But if you haven't played #5 then you'll have lots of fun I think.

Solmyr

Last (and first) one I've played is 4, but I have 5 in my Steam library as well. Should I just play that and get 6 when it's at 50% discount? :P

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on March 29, 2019, 10:12:29 AM
Last (and first) one I've played is 4, but I have 5 in my Steam library as well. Should I just play that and get 6 when it's at 50% discount? :P

Depends on your monetary situation entirely. :P

I really wanted to like 6 in the public beta as it looked a nice game but I just couldnt' remove myself from how similar it played and looked to 5. You'll probably get more enjoyment out if you skip straight to 6.

Josquius

I didn't rate the most recent tropico. Way too console-ised
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

The new Anno 1800 game, however, looks fucking ace.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.