The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Caliga on February 11, 2019, 11:43:27 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on February 09, 2019, 08:08:31 PM
Giving Call of Cthulhu a go.
Definitely let us know how it is.  :cthulu:

So far it plays like an interactive movie. 'Bout a quarter way through.

Story: A
Graphics: C
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josquius

OMFG
PARADOX JUST ANNOUNCED BLOODLINES 2
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

What is it?

edit: nvm, saw the other thread

Syt

Sekiro - Shadows Die Twice is out. Been watching since yesterday, it looks amazing, but brutally hard. Combat is faster and more fluid than in the Souls games, with a bigger focus on aggressive attacks and deflecting attacks. And it leans heavy into medieval Japanese horror.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Played some Age of Wonders, I like it.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

FunkMonk

Played over 20 hours of Tom Clancy's The Division 2 from Ubisoft.

It's basically Diablo 3 with guns. I'm loving it.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Brain

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 24, 2019, 05:38:31 PM

How is it compared to the first one?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

FunkMonk

Quote from: The Brain on March 24, 2019, 11:51:24 PM

How is it compared to the first one?

Never played it so can't say. From what I understand, the gameplay is similar: Tacticool 3rd-person cover-based shooter combat mixed with special abilities and an RPG-like looting and progression system. I know it sounds crazy but it actually works.

Got into this one because they released a public beta several weeks ago and I loved the gameplay loop. It fills my need to see video game numbers go up on a stat sheet.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

From Sekiro subreddit, but applies for me to all RPGs, ever.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

That is one of the things I like about Darkest Dungeon, if you can possibly use a thing you will use it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I think it also depends on how quickly it replenishes. If I get health potions all the time I'm more likely to use them. Now, if my mage can use his armageddon spell only once per day, I'm much less likely to use it in the first few encounters of that day. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

PC?

I play it too & basically for the same reasons. The open beta sold me on the game.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

I don't want to overspend on games so April will be a tough choice between the new Anno game and Rule the Waves 2.

Grey Fox

Matrix games never go on sale.
Ubisoft games go on sale quite often.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 25, 2019, 08:39:41 AM
Matrix games never go on sale.

Not true. They go on sale on GOG and Steam (such titles as there are), and there's always the huge Christmas sale on their website that offers incredible discounts.

Also, Rule the Waves is not a Matrix game.
—Stephen Jay Gould