News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on February 19, 2019, 04:01:33 PM
It's Slitherine midweek madness on Steam hence the discount, Habs.

Buy FOG2 FFS its awesome. We have regular tournaments too, and the core of the fans run their own miniatures-style tournament with people joining with their army lists and whatnot.

Corporate shill! Fanboi!

...I'm buying it.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

Wait what is the difference between FOG2 and that other similar game Tamas is always going on about with 800 "expansions"?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

That sounds like the game he's always going on about, though it only has 4 expansions.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

WEll, I bought FOG2 anyway. It better be amazing, or Tamas has to send me the entire amount in beets.

0 rows returned

Tamas

:rolleyes: Making shit up about what I am "going on about" will not hide the fact that you just HAD to buy what Habbaku did, Berkut.

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on February 20, 2019, 12:52:44 AM
:rolleyes: Making shit up about what I am "going on about" will not hide the fact that you just HAD to buy what Habbaku did, Berkut.

Damnit, what game am I thinking of? Isn't there another ancients kind of thing you really like? Tactical?

0 rows returned

Josquius

Star control origins complete.
It was OK. No st2, visibly unfinished, but the aliens were fun.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Berkut, Habs, let me know if you want a PBEM game.

Habbaku

I definitely want a PBEM game. I definitely didn't buy it to play single-player.  :P

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

The AI is good for practice I think, it often offers a decent challenge. Nothing like a human of course.

Once you feel ready post a challenge and let me know the password. I leave the sides entirely up to you (I don't want a historical battle though, point-spending is much more interesting). The Romans are very good for getting the hang of the game. They are hard to break and thus forgiving of mistakes.

Habbaku

Battle is up. Password is "TamasisSpartacus".

Three guesses as to what armies I picked.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

FunkMonk

The latest Bioware game, Anthem, was released to the masses yesterday after a week-long early access period. I played a 10-hour trial last week.

If you were hoping for a great narrative-driven video game with memorable NPCs and a unique story in the vein of the Baldur's Gate series or Knights of the Old Republic, boy do I have some bad news for you.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.