News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Star Traders Frontiers, immersive game with lots of variability, options and good design.  Nice sandbox game with lots going on.

Syt

I'm amazed how much content the Trese brothers have been adding to Star Traders on a weekly basis for many months now.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

I found it because somebody here suggested it - probably you.  Thanks very much  :cheers:

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on February 11, 2019, 05:10:11 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 11, 2019, 11:31:54 AM
Syt, have you try Anthem?

No. Not really into that sort of game. I tried a bit of Warframe and Destiny 2, but got bored fast. Don't see why I would get invested more in this. Generally not big about shooters or MP games.

Alright. I agree with you D2 is boring.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on November 21, 2018, 08:03:12 PM
I'm playing some Port Royale 3, a gain in the Patrician type series that I never really played that much. My favorite was Patrician 3, great game and I played a whole lot of it. Patrician 4 I also like and is more of a challenge as the other traders are more competitive.

I just bought Patrician 3 in the steam sale, only done the tutorial so far, but I like what I've seen.  Not sure if I'll cope with the sandbox nature of the game, maybe it's best to play the campaign first?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Habbaku

Huge discount on Steam for Field of Glory II today. I think I might actually buy it this time.

Wait...

Tamas, is Field of Glory III coming out soon or something?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

Quote from: Habbaku on February 19, 2019, 02:47:02 PM
Huge discount on Steam for Field of Glory II today. I think I might actually buy it this time.

Wait...

Tamas, is Field of Glory III coming out soon or something?

Unlikely. They're working on a grand strategy game that can be integrated with FoG2 for battle resolution.

I like FoG2 as a beer & pretzels game. Just accept that once units are locked into melee combat you lose control of them till that combat ends. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Habbaku

:hmm: Shouldn't it be that way? Short of being able to call a retreat, I don't think that you should have control of Classical-era units once they're engaged like that.

I'm open to those more knowledgeable arguing the other way, though.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

No, I agree that it should be that way. I was also fully on board with the system in Spartan and Chariots of War where you set up your armies and give basic commands at the start and then hope for the best. :P

But there's some people who object to not always having full control, hence the caveat. :)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Habbaku

Those people are weird and should go play Chess or something. I play historical games for history and simulation with a good dose of playability/fun added.  :P

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

It's Slitherine midweek madness on Steam hence the discount, Habs.

Buy FOG2 FFS its awesome. We have regular tournaments too, and the core of the fans run their own miniatures-style tournament with people joining with their army lists and whatnot.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Btw, Tamas, it shouldn't be "his" in this text. :P

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Also, the Galactica game is fun, and also on sale.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas