Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 11, 2018, 11:54:06 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on October 08, 2018, 04:30:55 PM
My Kassandra and the old woman got it on. The cutscene was hilarious  :lol:

Last night in Assassin's Creed: Xena Warrior Princess, I infiltrated a Spartan Fortress to kill its local Polemarch and steal some loot. I jumped onto one of its towers from a nearby cliff and proceeded to one-shot or two-shot a Spartan captain and his accompanying warriors with devastating fire arrow headshots. I ziplined to the other side of the fortress and laid a trap on the signal fire that defending troops use to call reinforcements and then snuck around to find the bear cage.

From a nearby rooftop I shot open the bear cage with an arrow and the bear proceeded to maul about 6 Spartans while I shot arrow after arrow into their backs. The bear finally died after killing 5 men. The Spartans finally seemed to locate my position so their leader put a bounty on my head. I fled to my original tower of death as 3 different mercenaries, one after another, climbed up to face me. I dispatched each of them and threw their arrow-ridden bodies from the tower as the Spartans looked on in horror. The Spartan Polemarch, my target who I had not yet killed, ran up to the signal fire to send for reinforcements. I laughed out loud from my tower as my trap exploded him into pieces. I mopped up the remaining Spartans shortly afterward and killed one final mercenary in a rooftop duel.

Lastly, I tracked the Spartan who had put out the contract for my head to a beach encampment not far from the fortress I recently conquered singlehandedly. One headshot later he joined his colleagues in Hades.

My Xena Warrior Princess simulator is fun and good.

:thumbsup:

Animals are great for takedowns.

I finally got my first male-on-male romance. Of course, it was Alcibiades. :lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

It sounds like Far Cry: Ancient Greece.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Tamas on October 12, 2018, 06:37:31 AM
It sounds like Far Cry: Ancient Greece.

Having played Far Cry 5 earlier in the year, it kinda is. It's definitely a Ubi game. The exploration, setting, and story so far is superior, however, and the sheer scale puts Far Cry to shame.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

crazy canuck

I picked up Frostpunk http://www.frostpunkgame.com/ on a steam sale yesterday and thought I would give a try for an hour or so and then watch the Chiefs hopefully beat the Patriots.  Many yours later it was very late, I missed the football game and I realized I needed to get to bed.  Still need to check what happened in the football game.

It is a survival/city building game which takes place in a world that has become an ice cube.   keeping people warm, fed and healthy are the main preoccupations.  There is an interesting tech tree and a separate "laws" tree in which you decided how your society will function.  The city building part of the game takes part in a crater where you build out in concentric circles from a central heating unit.  There is also an exploration part of the game which occurs as you unlock tech.  I won't say too much about that to avoid spoilers.

Lots of options and ways to accomplish the goals and it seems they are coming out with a sandbox version although the various scenarios feel like a bit of a sandbox already.

It is from the makers of This War of Mine.  It is a unique gaming experience - at least for me. And as you know, I found it very addicting.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on October 12, 2018, 06:29:06 AM
I finally got my first male-on-male romance. Of course, it was Alcibiades. :lol:

Good for you. Plato said he was hot.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

He Made Athens Great Again.
Until he destroyed it.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Oexmelin

Lucas Pope, of Papers, Please, fame, launches his new game. Once again, a one person endeavor, apparently.

https://www.gog.com/game/return_of_the_obra_dinn
Que le grand cric me croque !

Habbaku

FINALLY. I've been occasionally checking on development of that every couple of months. Looks great.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

A shy Peel P50 peeks out of the woodwork.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on October 17, 2018, 07:48:08 AM
RDR 2...so close.

Now to wait the million hours for it to install and then patch. Has two discs, one just of data!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Looks like RDR2 isn't coming to PC. May finally have to buy a PS4...any other games to make that worthwhile? Most stuff seems to be on PC these days.
██████
██████
██████