And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Solmyr on June 11, 2018, 03:52:03 AM
Elder Scrolls 6 is coming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQcnDNd3P7Q

Wow you cannot even tell where the game is set with that trailer. Impressive Bethesda :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Solmyr

Quote from: Valmy on June 12, 2018, 08:53:54 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on June 11, 2018, 03:52:03 AM
Elder Scrolls 6 is coming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQcnDNd3P7Q

Wow you cannot even tell where the game is set with that trailer. Impressive Bethesda :P

It was probably last-minute damage control after people weren't that happy about Fallout 76. :P

Seems like Hammerfell or High Rock is the current best guess based on terrain in the trailer.

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on June 12, 2018, 08:46:42 PM
Wait so they are making a new Star Control game? Damn everything is being rebooted now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-EnCjcxsJE

If you never played Star Control 2 in the 1990s you missed out. Not sure it needs to be brought back from the dead though :hmm:

I first played it this century.
It held up.
Looking forward to the new one.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

EA is making best use of its Star Wars license :D

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/28/17514192/ea-star-wars-game-amy-hennig-leaves

QuoteLast October, EA shuttered Dead Space studio Visceral, but it kept one project alive: a new, story-driven Star Wars adventure helmed by Uncharted creator Amy Hennig. Development was to continue at EA Vancouver — but it looks like that might no longer be the case.

Speaking to Eurogamer, Hennig revealed that she left EA in January, and is currently in the process of forming her own studio. She's looking to build up a smaller team to potentially focus on VR projects. "I'm doing all this stuff, working on all kinds of things," she says. But as for the Uncharted-like Star Wars adventure, it appears that development has stalled, and there's now a very different game in the works.

"I'm not doing anything Star Wars," Hennig tells Eurogamer. "And, who knows what the future may hold, but that project is on the shelf now. The Vancouver studio is working on something pretty different. It's really not... Y'know, once you go more open world it's such a different game to the one we were making. Everybody loved what we were doing and I'd love to see us resurrect that somehow, but it's complicated."

EA, for its part, isn't commenting on the status of the game. But the company did release a statement confirming Hennig's departure:

"Yes, Amy Hennig has moved on from Electronic Arts. Amy is an amazing storyteller — a crafter and a creator. We have so much respect for her and the creative spirit she brought to the teams and projects she worked on at EA. We wish Amy all the best with what comes next, and we will all be watching with excitement."

With the ongoing struggles of Battlefront II, and the sting that came from the cancellation of Star Wars 1313, it's been a rough few years for players looking to explore a galaxy far, far away. But there's at least some good news on the horizon: Titanfall studio Respawn teased a single-player game called Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order at E3 this year, which is expected to launch next year.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

I played Foxhole for a while yesterday - I thought I would take a look around, learn a bit about the mechanics of the game, and then put it away until it gets closer to release  - about 6  hours later I realized I should probably go to bed.  :D

Drakken

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 09, 2018, 10:30:12 AM
I played Foxhole for a while yesterday - I thought I would take a look around, learn a bit about the mechanics of the game, and then put it away until it gets closer to release  - about 6  hours later I realized I should probably go to bed.  :D

Foxhole is such a good game, especially if you can find a good team that welcomes you with open arms.

FunkMonk

Warframe has kind of taken over all of my gaming time for the last 3 months. The gameplay itself is just plain fun and the game is really convenient for anyone who has, uh, an actual life. Even just playing for 30 or 45 minute chunks of time, you still feel like you're making progress in whatever you are working toward. And there are A TON of things to be doing in this game. The real meat of the game doesn't even really start until after maybe 60 hours of game time. It really rewards the "work" you put into it.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Drakken on July 09, 2018, 03:39:20 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on July 09, 2018, 10:30:12 AM

Foxhole is such a good game, especially if you can find a good team that welcomes you with open arms.

I am really enjoying it.  But I find the communications system a bit overwhelming with all chat in one channel.  Normally people try to maintain order in chat but it gets a bit crazy at times.  I understand that is going to be addressed in the next update and I think that is really going to improve the experience.

Grey Fox

Warhammer : Vermintide 2 is now on Xbox Game Pass so I tried it last night.

Chaotic button smashing with a lot of systems. The Banters between characters is fun. Gameplay loop is a little shallow & takes too much time to complete.

On a personal note, I am not sure I like playing a First person game with a controller.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Hey Drakken, what faction do you play?

Syt

*installs World of Tanks for first time in years*
*is assaulted by a gazillion messages, menus, and new features*
*uninstalls World of Tanks without playing a single match*
:lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Speedrunner beats Fallout 1, 2, 3, New Vegas, and 4 in under 90 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1dMHICuiRM
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

Just me or has humble bundle totally ran out of steam lately?
They're doing a lot of sales but no bundles.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

I really don't have much time (or even patience) for proper games anymore, so I'm dwelling into the evil world of mobile gaming. Right now I'm hooked to Final Fantasy Brave Exvious. It really has wetted my appetite for playing JRPGs again. Anything you'd recommend that can be played on the go?