News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Quote from: garbon on May 17, 2018, 01:56:53 AM
If they could make it better, I'd be okay with that. I'd also be okay with a fun version of Rome.

Rome, the Oakland of games.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Richard Hakluyt

I'd say that Antiquity is the biggest gap in their stable of games. A paradox Ancient game could be awesome  :cool:

Habbaku

They have one and it's awful.

Maybe Rome II, then? The hints are pretty vague, but seem to indicate an ancients game or Victoria III.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 17, 2018, 11:33:51 AM
I'd say that Antiquity is the biggest gap in their stable of games. A paradox Ancient game could be awesome  :cool:

Yeah, given all the mechanics in CK2 I think they can pull it off now.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Habbaku on May 17, 2018, 12:04:07 PM
They have one and it's awful.

Maybe Rome II, then? The hints are pretty vague, but seem to indicate an ancients game or Victoria III.

I always thought that Rome was a half-hearted attempt; on a par with March of the Eagles and that game about Japan.

The full paradox game experience would be the EU, Victoria, HOI, CK and Stellaris series. Games with lots of addons, mods, etc etc.

jimmy olsen

Hearts of Iron II was $3.74 and Darkest Hour was $1.99, so I'm going to try out that WWI scenario.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Lots of desicions to make...not sure I know what I'm doing.  :lol:

While I did transfer 13 divisions to the east, I think I'm going to try to sucker the French into Alsace, then cut them off.

1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 17, 2018, 11:33:51 AM

That's my take on it. I really want a good grand strategy game set in Antiquity, so I'm really happy with this announcement.

Maladict

I'm actually looking forward to a new pdox game  :blush:

The Brain

Will GAY Nation: a Gay Game for Gays [GAYS ONLY] be any good?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Scipio

New Cyberpunk: 2077 trailer. http://cyberpunk.net

No, I'm not doing the tags.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

FunkMonk

So, uh, according to their E3 presentation, Fallout 76 is going to be ONLINE ONLY, even if you want to play solo. Apparently every other character you meet in the world will be an actual player, not an NPC.

And goodbye modding. You made Bethesda's in-house games good, but it couldn't last forever.  :(
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Solmyr

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Wait so they are making a new Star Control game? Damn everything is being rebooted now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-EnCjcxsJE

If you never played Star Control 2 in the 1990s you missed out. Not sure it needs to be brought back from the dead though :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."