And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on March 12, 2018, 07:51:31 PM
When is it coming up?

I'd buy the game on sale if I knew there were tournaments for it!

This tourney starts on Monday but there'll be others. There has been a fairly sizeable competitive community around even the first game, and we have had no trouble filling 100+ tournaments for the new one

Tamas

Well, I think I officially suck at late(r) Roman period battles.

I was playing as Romans vs Dacians cca. 100AD-ish army sets against the AI, to see if I could manage the same battle in the tournament. TWICE I was 1% from achieving auto-victory, but the AI turned it around and achieved an autovictory itself a few turns before the battle's end. Key was that once stalling me so close to my auto-victory, a lot of the Dacian units that I routed earlier managed to recover and returned to the battle, turning the tide. (BTW I did not work on the game so I am allowed to praise it :P ).

I have concluded I am not ready for the tournament.

Josquius

I decided to play Shogun 2 again.

Oh the old problems with 3D. Troops just act so stupid when you try to get them to man walls.

Japan is really an interesting map for such a game considering its linearity.

Though realm divide is handled stupidly. I wish Total War would make vassals worthwhile
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Thea: the awakening - wow I have not had this much fun with a computer game in a very long time.  And it is 50% off until, I think, today.

A very intelligent blend of city builder, crafting game and rpg. 

A good salve to brackets getting destroyed in the NCAA tourney.

FunkMonk

Far Cry 5 is the most absurd video game I've played, maybe ever. It is so chaotic, ridiculous, and hysterical that I can scarcely believe half the shit that happens in the game.

It is easily the most fun I've had in an FPS in a long, long time.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 19, 2018, 09:39:29 AM
Thea: the awakening - wow I have not had this much fun with a computer game in a very long time.  And it is 50% off until, I think, today.

A very intelligent blend of city builder, crafting game and rpg. 

A good salve to brackets getting destroyed in the NCAA tourney.

Thanks for the tip CC, sounds rather interesting; heads over to Steam.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Scipio

Tyranny is by far the most engaging of the new Infinity Engine style games. Loving it.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

crazy canuck

I bought Expeditions: Vikings on a steam sale.  Haven't had a chance to give it a spin but I have high hopes based on how enjoyable their Conquistadors game was.

garbon

If you don't already have CK2, you can now get a permanent copy for free on Steam.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Expeditions Vikings is a lot of fun.  A lot of options and story lines to follow so I think I will have a lot of fun exploring the various story branches over time.  They have done a good job capturing the feel of the viking age and building up our homestead has a satisfying feel to it.  Highly recommend this one.

Tamas

Last week I returned to World of Tanks after several years. 1.0 sure is pretty.

They have changed the maps, they are the same but they are not. So I suck badly, only yesterday was I showing some signs of sometimes doing what I was doing.

Also I think there are WAY more premium tanks in battles than when I was active. There's a lot more types of them as well.

crazy canuck

Any excitement for Total War Britannia?

Habbaku

Moderately excited, but not interested in paying full price because: Creative Assembly.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on April 16, 2018, 04:24:35 AM
Last week I returned to World of Tanks after several years. 1.0 sure is pretty.

They have changed the maps, they are the same but they are not. So I suck badly, only yesterday was I showing some signs of sometimes doing what I was doing.

Also I think there are WAY more premium tanks in battles than when I was active. There's a lot more types of them as well.

I'm the jerk in a Russian IS-2 on the PlayStation version.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Scipio

XCom2 War of the Chosen is very nice indeed. Firaxis is not fucking up with the XCom series. But I did end up preordering Phoenix Point when it was on sale, and that looks like it will be a worthy advance in the genre.

Hopefully XCom 3 will be another advance. Meanwhile, backer redemption codes for Battletech are now available.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt