News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Brain on November 30, 2017, 10:12:16 AM
These days I only play games that have a penis size slider at character creation.

Kinda tough to develop a slider that size in the first place, isn't it?

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 30, 2017, 11:01:14 AM
Quote from: The Brain on November 30, 2017, 10:12:16 AM
These days I only play games that have a penis size slider at character creation.

Kinda tough to develop a slider that size in the first place, isn't it?

I have a 24 inch screen.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Sitting closer to a screen doesn't make it larger.

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on November 29, 2017, 04:17:10 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on November 28, 2017, 10:30:26 PM
Bought Prey during the thanksgiving sale for $17 and after 45 minutes I'm solidly hooked   :ph34r:

It's basically an updated System Shock 2 or Deus Ex

Yeah, it's good.  I really enjoyed it.

I'm looking at this. Is it a run and gun or can you sneak the bell around which is my preference?

Also, is it an attention to detail game? IOW does it boringly give you obvious clues and hints?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

FunkMonk

Quote from: 11B4V on December 01, 2017, 11:15:54 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 29, 2017, 04:17:10 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on November 28, 2017, 10:30:26 PM
Bought Prey during the thanksgiving sale for $17 and after 45 minutes I'm solidly hooked   :ph34r:

It's basically an updated System Shock 2 or Deus Ex

Yeah, it's good.  I really enjoyed it.

I'm looking at this. Is it a run and gun or can you sneak the bell around which is my preference?

Also, is it an attention to detail game? IOW does it boringly give you obvious clues and hints?

I've only played a couple hours but I've yet to find an actual gun so I think it's safe to say it's not a run-and-gun type of game. And yeah, there is plenty of detail and lots background objects in the game that tell the story and give context to the game. Also, from what I've played so far you're free to wander wherever you want in the game. There seems to be multiple ways to get to places.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

I'll qualify the above a bit more.

I just picked up my first firearm about 2 hours in.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josquius

Quantum Break- Beautiful and runs well. But wow is it a bad game. Sub par action followed by a 20 minute long FMV. Apparently they thought they were doing something cool and novel with a tv show and a game in one.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Anyone tried Fire Pro Wrestling World?

Habbaku

Steam sale just started up. Lots of discounts.

Anyone have any recommendations? I need a few games.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Maladict

Quote from: Habbaku on December 21, 2017, 04:51:55 PM

I'm considering IL-2 Stalingrad at half price. Not sure if it will be any good without a joystick, though.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Maladict on December 22, 2017, 05:23:38 AM
I'm considering IL-2 Stalingrad at half price. Not sure if it will be any good without a joystick, though.

You can always tell when somebody's flying with a mouse. 

TURNING TURNING straight TURNING TURNING straight TURNING

So everybody goes after them first.  Worse than noobs.

The Brain

Quote from: Maladict on December 22, 2017, 05:23:38 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on December 21, 2017, 04:51:55 PM

Get a joystick. Problem: solved.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

I could never figure HOI4 out :blush:

Civ 6 is worth getting?
██████
██████
██████