News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

GW killed the world, and I'm holding them to it. TWW(2) is like a memory of a world, and the memory's fading.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Tyr on September 30, 2017, 04:03:21 AM
I'm not getting TWW2. Wasn't Warhammer 1 just a year ago? Not usual for TW to have such a quick turnaround and a sequel.
Given the way TWW2 was going with a DLC galore though I guess it makes sense they'd want to try and sell even moar for the extra races.

Nah, TWW2 is actually entirely different from the 1st game. The races are more unique, the campaign is completely overhauled, the missions are more varied and are actually important this time, and the battles, at least to me, seem more "epic". Oh and battle magic is actually good now.

So far I'm enjoying it a lot more than the first game, and I quite liked the first game. The Campaign AI is kinda dumb, though, but that's par for the course for Total War anyway.

There's nothing quite like feral Tyrannosaurs rampaging through dumbass Chaos warriors. It's beautiful :wub:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Brain on September 30, 2017, 04:19:01 AM
GW killed the world, and I'm holding them to it. TWW(2) is like a memory of a world, and the memory's fading.

Their retail product placement was that bad?

Tamas

Since I wasn't really involved with it, I feel I am free to point out that Field of Glory II is a great game, and if you are interested either in ancient era battles, or tabletop-style wargaming, you definitely should pick it up.

Josquius

Borderlands humble bundle. Will buy just for a look, I've heard the name a lot.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

It's polarizing.

Personally, I hate it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

I don't think I'd like Borderlands. I did love Tales from the Borderlands though.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

Kinda burned out on Path of Exile so I'm mainly dividing my game time between Warhammer 2 Total War and, very recently, Grim Dawn for a new ARPG itch. And it was only $7.50 so why not?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

I'm going to stalk Syt in his Twitch channel.  Rat bastard's not leaving us that easily.   :mad:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

So...yeah. Borderlands seems so far so terrible. Very very console first. In a "Console players are idiots, they just want to point and shoot" sort of way.
██████
██████
██████

Iormlund

I'm back to FO 4.

Survival is tough. Got infected at level 10 and expended almost all my food, water and stimpaks trying to get to a doc in Diamond City. Also, my character dies really easily.

KRonn

I started playing Imperialism 2 - that's still a good game. A good oldie and there's a lot to it. Fun game. I got it from GoG games. Loaded it onto Win10 and I had to enable "direct play" from the control panel, I think under windows features, in case anyone wants to play the game. I got that info from the GoG site.

MadBurgerMaker

Ghost Recon Wildlands is pretty good, despite some bugs.  LMGs are fun as hell when the badguys start calling in reinforcements after finding their dead buddies.  "Going loud."

I haven't found an anti-material rifle yet, but I understand those are even better.

grumbler

Quote from: KRonn on October 16, 2017, 08:10:11 PM
I started playing Imperialism 2 - that's still a good game. A good oldie and there's a lot to it. Fun game. I got it from GoG games. Loaded it onto Win10 and I had to enable "direct play" from the control panel, I think under windows features, in case anyone wants to play the game. I got that info from the GoG site.

I loved Imp 2.  Something really satisfying about building up the province and getting all those free resources and industries in the smaller towns.  RR and Dreadnoughts for the win.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!