And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 13, 2017, 11:32:16 PM
Quote from: KRonn on September 13, 2017, 07:44:37 PM
I've been playing the game Banished. Simple to play, kind of until you figure it out, else you probably tend to expand too fast and your population starves. Lots of excellent fan created expansions for it. It's really a cool game, not overly complex for the times I want a less complicated or tedious game to play, but there's plenty enough to it to give some fun and challenge.

Woah! KRonn, long time no see! Hope you're doing well.
Yeah, I'm doing well, thanks. Retirement life is so liberating. :)

Valmy

I wish I could be retired. Anybody want to give me 5 million dollars?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

KRonn

Quote from: Valmy on September 15, 2017, 10:18:57 AM
I wish I could be retired. Anybody want to give me 5 million dollars?

Hehe, I also wish I had 5 mil. but getting by well enough.  :) 

Josquius

Banished is nice. Though it's a shame it hasn't had any official updates to incorporate some of the extras from the expansions. A bit barren otherwise.
██████
██████
██████

KRonn

Quote from: Tyr on September 15, 2017, 12:39:57 PM
Banished is nice. Though it's a shame it hasn't had any official updates to incorporate some of the extras from the expansions. A bit barren otherwise.

It has tons of fan/player mods which add a lot to the game. Colonial Charter is one big mod which adds a whole lot.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: KRonn on September 15, 2017, 09:47:43 AM

Not having to worry about a retirement is even more liberating.

FunkMonk

If I could ever retire I would play Stardew Valley until I die.

GOTTA PLANT MY SEEDS MAYO UBER ALLES
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Drakken

Purchased Men of War: Assault Squad 2 on Steam, as it is 80% off.

I have had some savage fights already, just playing single-player, and the Soviet Union campaign missions are vicious. The Leningrad one led to a cemetery of destroyed panzers, but they finally overwhelmed me on the last wave.  :(

Scipio

Divinity: Original Sin II is out. Still playing I.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

KRonn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 15, 2017, 03:56:43 PM
Quote from: KRonn on September 15, 2017, 09:47:43 AM

Not having to worry about a retirement is even more liberating.

Agreed. I think I'll be fine but I'm just starting out with it and it's all so new from bringing in a paycheck. I encourage anyone who asks about it to save up for it, 401k, IRA, etc. A manager at my old company asked if I wanted to come back part time and they're receptive to me working two or three half days a week.  As long as I don't feel stuck in the rat race and with what I'll be doing it should be interesting and low hassle. But they are going through a huge amount of work, upgrades and acquiring new hospitals so I'll see how that goes for me.

CountDeMoney

Yeah.  I don't think you got my meaning.  But I am happy for you.

PDH

I switched jobs enough that I get to work until I die...or I win the lottery.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

KRonn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 18, 2017, 08:25:50 PM
Yeah.  I don't think you got my meaning.  But I am happy for you.

Ah, I think I understand now. A worry just wondering if going to be able to retire. I hear ya.

FunkMonk

I'm a nerd so I bought Total War Warhammer 2 at release and I don't regret it a bit it's mad fun launching dinosaurs on flank attacks and enveloping keebler elf battle lines with thousands of giant rats
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josquius

I'm not getting TWW2. Wasn't Warhammer 1 just a year ago? Not usual for TW to have such a quick turnaround and a sequel.
Given the way TWW was going with a DLC galore though I guess it makes sense they'd want to try and sell even moar for the extra races.
██████
██████
██████