And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 18, 2017, 08:27:31 AM
Stardew Valley is very good, fun, light, and relaxing :wub:
I've been farming parsnips, potatoes, and tulips, and making some decent money. Also I caught some sardines and snagged some seaweed.

Cleared out a bit more of the trees and wild grass and weeds around the farm. Next up on the docket is building a fence around my first field and building a coop for chickens! :w00t:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Barrister

Okay Funk... I bought Stardew Valley.  It does have a very relaxing vibe to it at the end of a busy day. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Barrister on March 21, 2017, 11:42:52 PM
Okay Funk... I bought Stardew Valley.  It does have a very relaxing vibe to it at the end of a busy day. :)

It really does lighten my mood up after work. The soundtrack is good and the cutscenes are really cute as well.

My advice is to do whatever you want in the game at your own pace without regard for timing and just chill out while you plant your parsnips :cool:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josquius

I've been tempted by that one for a while.
I used to love Harvest Moon.
But I'm just too much of a completionist. Strove for constant efficiency
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on March 22, 2017, 12:59:37 PM
Quote from: Drakken on March 20, 2017, 10:19:33 PM
A remame of Crisis in The Kremlin has been discreetly released on Steam.  :hmm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d8dMAd10xE

Waaaay too many moving parts, but I can see myself enjoying fiddling with it and trying to trigger WWIII or some other fun shit. Will definitely pick up at a deep discount.

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on March 22, 2017, 03:32:52 PMWaaaay too many moving parts

That was my impression. No way this is well balanced. Though there may be so many options that it takes a while to notice the imbalances.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

When you spend over 90 minutes on an Operation in BF1, are on the final attack, and then the server disconnects. :mad:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on March 24, 2017, 03:23:33 PM
When you spend over 90 minutes on an Operation in BF1, are on the final attack, and then the server disconnects. :mad:

Clearly God favors the Allies -_-
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Got a new computer. Now BF1 looks pretty good, maybe I should start playing it in earnest.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Bought Ghost Recon Wildlands. Liking it a lot so far, but then I liked Far Cry 3 and 4. My soldier is hot. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

frunk

I just gave Grim Dawn a bit of a try, and it's ok.  Has some nice ideas, but the skill system isn't that interesting.  I think it's best to maximize two attack skills (one damage, one control) and concentrate the rest of your points on support.  There are some combos involving cooldowns, but they don't seem as effective.  Compare that to Diablo 3 (choose from a few different skill choices that all get better as you level) or POE (focus on a damage type but choose from several different skills within those types).

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: frunk on March 27, 2017, 10:14:39 PM
I just gave Grim Dawn a bit of a try, and it's ok.  Has some nice ideas, but the skill system isn't that interesting.  I think it's best to maximize two attack skills (one damage, one control) and concentrate the rest of your points on support.  There are some combos involving cooldowns, but they don't seem as effective.  Compare that to Diablo 3 (choose from a few different skill choices that all get better as you level) or POE (focus on a damage type but choose from several different skills within those types).

Also, D3 offers high level gear that bossts certain skills and can create powerful combos. My nuke monk was pretty fun to play (click on edge of screen once or twice, kill all enemies in vicinity before you see them).
—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

Quote from: frunk on March 27, 2017, 10:14:39 PM

Grim Dawn is about the synergies created by selecting the two classes.  There are multiple ways that can be done.  You are right that Diablo 3 is very different - that game is pretty mindless.  Just pick a skill and you are done.  With Grim Dawn the game is designed to allow you to respec easily to take advantage of better synergies and equipment bonuses as you level.  After a while you start getting equipment that will tempt you to respec to take advantage of the skills inherent in the equipment.

Also, the game is designed to use multiple skills.  If you were just using two then you were definitely missing out on the full potential of the character you were playing.