Syria Disintegrating: Part 2

Started by jimmy olsen, May 22, 2012, 01:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 01, 2019, 01:40:25 AM
Quote from: The Brain on November 01, 2019, 01:36:40 AM
I don't follow.

I don't believe you.

Trump won't give his generals any credit he doesn't have to, especially if they openly contradict him.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Brain on November 01, 2019, 01:52:38 AM
No I actually don't follow.

OK.  You better not be fucking with me.

I inferred from mongers post that he thought the quoted passage suggested some degree of uncertainty about the identity of the target they hit.  He insinuated that the general's expression of this uncertainty would create political problems for him.  I countered that, seeing as how the normal constituency opposed to assassination missions is the left, that those are the folks who would be upset by this admission.  And additionally, since the central organizing principle of the Trump/Tea Party/Q/Alt right is joy in upsetting the left/progressives, that this would gladden Trump's base and the commander of CentCom's job is in fact not in jeopardy.

Solmyr

What exactly is the big deal with killing Al-Baghdadi, anyway? Did he do anything notable? Did most people even know who he was before now? They are just appointing ISIS terrorist #32213 as his replacement now, so it doesn't seem like it was a big deal for ISIS, either.

Syt

Quote from: Solmyr on November 01, 2019, 05:00:59 AM
What exactly is the big deal with killing Al-Baghdadi, anyway? Did he do anything notable? Did most people even know who he was before now? They are just appointing ISIS terrorist #32213 as his replacement now, so it doesn't seem like it was a big deal for ISIS, either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Bakr_al-Baghdadi#Leader_of_Islamic_State_of_Iraq_and_the_Levant_(ISIL)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Solmyr

I know who he was, but was he actually more important than some random terrorist leader? Bin Laden at least orchestrated the most major terrorist attack in modern history.

Eddie Teach

I don't know of anyone besides Trump who's saying he's more important than bin Laden.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 01, 2019, 01:59:30 AM

I inferred from mongers post that he thought the quoted passage suggested some degree of uncertainty about the identity of the target they hit.  He insinuated that the general's expression of this uncertainty would create political problems for him.  I countered that, seeing as how the normal constituency opposed to assassination missions is the left, that those are the folks who would be upset by this admission.  And additionally, since the central organizing principle of the Trump/Tea Party/Q/Alt right is joy in upsetting the left/progressives, that this would gladden Trump's base and the commander of CentCom's job is in fact not in jeopardy.

Thank you. And no I'm not fucking with you.

My reading of the post was that the general, by not supporting Trump's made up stuff about whimpering and crying, made himself unpopular with Trump and/or displayed doubts about working for Trump.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Yi has been reading too many of Syt's siater's memes

mongers

Quote from: The Brain on November 01, 2019, 07:14:25 AM

Thank you. And no I'm not fucking with you.

My reading of the post was that the general, by not supporting Trump's made up stuff about whimpering and crying, made himself unpopular with Trump and/or displayed doubts about working for Trump.

Yes.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maximus

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 01, 2019, 07:31:41 AM
Yi has been reading too many of Syt's siater's memes
If you mean the part about the central organizing principle is owning the libs, that part is correct. It's a whole movement full of derspeisses.

jimmy olsen

What? That's vastly over thinking his point. The general contradicted the crying story, and that's enough for Trump to turn on him.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

News out of Syria seems to have gone quiet; are news reporters finding it increasingly difficult to sell their stories, the outside world just bored of it or is there a lull in the conflict?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Legbiter

Quote from: mongers on November 15, 2019, 10:04:57 PM
News out of Syria seems to have gone quiet; are news reporters finding it increasingly difficult to sell their stories, the outside world just bored of it or is there a lull in the conflict?

No idea. It's like the Kurds have never existed.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Maximus

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."