News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Syria Disintegrating: Part 2

Started by jimmy olsen, May 22, 2012, 01:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 29, 2019, 10:54:28 AM
Future historians will write of the hero dog that personally ripped out Baghdadi's throat and shit on his corpse.

The Caliph committing suicide in a tunnel while being pursued by unclean dogs is such a perfectly delicious Fuck You counter-narrative to ISIS. The Hollywood epic writes itself.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on October 29, 2019, 10:57:44 AM
Trump's rambling speech announcing Baghdadi's death. Is it possible that he was shaken because he couldn't handle what was potentially rather violent/gory footage?

Interesting article in the NYtimes the other day about how difficult it is to write briefing reports for this President knowing that he could blurt out things that should not be divulged publicly.

The Brain

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 29, 2019, 11:08:07 AM
Trump's rambling speech announcing Baghdadi's death. Is it possible that he was shaken because he couldn't handle what was potentially rather violent/gory footage?

Interesting article in the NYtimes the other day about how difficult it is to write briefing reports for this President knowing that he could blurt out things that should not be divulged publicly.

Surely deciding what to say to the public is within the powers of the POTUS? And if you don't trust your boss why work for him?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Brain on October 29, 2019, 11:28:09 AM

Surely deciding what to say to the public is within the powers of the POTUS? And if you don't trust your boss why work for him?

The problem in a nut shell for a lot of career diplomats and intelligence types who really care about their country.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 29, 2019, 11:52:21 AM
Quote from: The Brain on October 29, 2019, 11:28:09 AM

The problem in a nut shell for a lot of career diplomats and intelligence types who really care about their country.

Yes. If you care about the US you don't work for Trump.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Legbiter on October 29, 2019, 11:04:11 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on October 29, 2019, 10:54:28 AM
Future historians will write of the hero dog that personally ripped out Baghdadi's throat and shit on his corpse.

The Caliph committing suicide in a tunnel while being pursued by unclean dogs is such a perfectly delicious Fuck You counter-narrative to ISIS. The Hollywood epic writes itself.

The movie will be such jingoistic tripe and I'll love every bit of it   :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 29, 2019, 02:56:27 PM

Hollywood wouldn't make it, not marketable in China.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tonitrus

Quote from: Valmy on October 29, 2019, 02:58:26 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on October 29, 2019, 02:56:27 PM

Hollywood wouldn't make it, not marketable in China.

Just give a Nine-Dash Line map some prominent screen time and it'll be good.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Malthus on October 29, 2019, 07:52:36 AM
Name not declassified - because knowing the dog's name might put his littermates at risk?  :D

You might be able to tie a dog's name to the owner, who is presumably a special forces operative.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

On landing, US special forces commandos blew holes in the walls of the compound and called on Baghdadi to surrender, the military said. But he fled into a tunnel and detonated a suicide vest, killing himself and two children he had taken with him.

"You can deduce what kind of person it is based on that activity," said the head of US Central Command, Gen Kenneth McKenzie.
After the raid, the compound was destroyed in an air strike.

Gen McKenzie said the destroyed buildings were left looking like "a parking lot with large potholes".

He added that he could not confirm President Donald Trump's graphic description of Baghdadi whimpering and crying as he died.

Looks like someone else won't be 'working for' Trump too much longer.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on October 31, 2019, 08:54:31 PM

Disagree.  If they made the hit based inference and soft intel, that'll piss off the liberuls, and the tards will lap up their tears.

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 31, 2019, 08:58:30 PM
Quote from: mongers on October 31, 2019, 08:54:31 PM

Disagree.  If they made the hit based inference and soft intel, that'll piss off the liberuls, and the tards will lap up their tears.

I don't follow.

The Brain