News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Syria Disintegrating: Part 2

Started by jimmy olsen, May 22, 2012, 01:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on October 27, 2019, 08:01:06 AM
So the Caliph blew himself up

Well nice to have some good news from Syria for a change.

I mean I don't know how relevant that guy is anymore but still now ISIS has to distract itself finding his successor.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Legbiter

Quote from: Valmy on October 28, 2019, 08:06:19 AM

I mean I don't know how relevant that guy is anymore but still now ISIS has to distract itself finding his successor.

It's interesting he was found right under the noses of the Turks around the Western backed "moderate" opposition. Idlib needs a good scouring.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Basically summarizing the retarded behavior of Trump over the last weeks with regards to Syria, the reactions, and its implications
—Stephen Jay Gould

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Legbiter on October 28, 2019, 08:30:20 AM
Quote from: Valmy on October 28, 2019, 08:06:19 AM

It's interesting he was found right under the noses of the Turks around the Western backed "moderate" opposition. Idlib needs a good scouring.

Moderate western-backed opposition was in the south, along the Jordan border, not around Idleb. Idleb was Al-Qaida, other islamist groups and Erdogan's playground.

Legbiter

Quote from: KRonn on January 15, 2019, 08:39:36 PM

Agreed.  I've been wondering what we expect to do there given that Isis is mostly gone. Assad isn't going to be overthrown by the remaining rebels and if the US is supporting them then who are they and what are their goals.

They haven't been able to win for years and these jihadists should be killed off. Been kept on life support as a cynical leverage against the Syrian government.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Sheilbh

As ever, what does he have against dogs? :blink:

The number of people he's fired like a dog, or have begged like a dog and now died like a dog is just kind of horrifying :o
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 28, 2019, 04:26:40 PM

The number of people he's fired like a dog, or have begged like a dog and now died like a dog is just kind of horrifying :o

Is this the dog days afternoon of a presidency?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

He even called the K9 a dog FFS.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HisMajestyBOB

Not all dogs:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Malthus

Name not declassified - because knowing the dog's name might put his littermates at risk?  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

FunkMonk

Future historians will write of the hero dog that personally ripped out Baghdadi's throat and shit on his corpse.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

Trump's rambling speech announcing Baghdadi's death. Is it possible that he was shaken because he couldn't handle what was potentially rather violent/gory footage?
—Stephen Jay Gould