Main Menu

Syria Disintegrating: Part 2

Started by jimmy olsen, May 22, 2012, 01:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on May 27, 2012, 07:03:26 AM
And obviously kept it for yourself as I'm not wearing it!

I wouldn't wear that orange abomination.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

But it is your teams colors, go Browns!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sheilbh

Hardly heating up again.  It's been constant and has possibly started to spread to Lebanon.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on May 27, 2012, 07:09:35 AM
But it is your teams colors, go Browns!

Those are fightin' words varmit!

Zoupa

Smalls arms and explosives have been coming in from Lebanon and Turkey. It's stupid in both cases.

I can understand the Lebanese wanting to fuck over, finally, the Syrians and Assad, but Hezbollah is starting to stir about it. Firefights (isolated for now) in the south east.

The Turks under the present government are moving further from the EU with every decision they make. That might be a positive at this point though.  :P In any case, I'm glad they never joined (and never will).

In any case, if (when) Assad falls, Syria will get Taliban-grade islamism. So I don't understand the US arming the rebels.

Admiral Yi

I don't undertstand France shielding Hezbollah from the IDF while they restock their rockets either, so we're even.

Zoupa

CountDeMoney

Personally, I think it's completely adorable that the critics of the Libyan action are bleating about Obama not doing anything hardcore about Syria.

Sheilbh

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 29, 2012, 06:09:02 AM
Personally, I think it's completely adorable that the critics of the Libyan action are bleating about Obama not doing anything hardcore about Syria.
I'm not.  Intervention in Libya was a mistake, intervention in Syria would be a disaster.

Edit:  Having said that I always thought Libya was more Cameron and Sarko than Obama.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 29, 2012, 06:54:08 AM
I'm not.  Intervention in Libya was a mistake, intervention in Syria would be a disaster.

Of course you do; you're a European.  It was tough enough getting you people to acknowledge Bosnia '92, Kosovo '98 and Poland '39.

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 29, 2012, 07:10:21 AM
Poland '39.

Uhm, remind me, how long were the Brits/French fighting the Germans/Italians before the Americans joined? :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on May 29, 2012, 07:45:15 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 29, 2012, 07:10:21 AM
Poland '39.

Uhm, remind me, how long were the Brits/French fighting the Germans/Italians before the Americans joined? :P

Wasn't our neighborhood, man.

Ed Anger

Fuck bombing Syria. Bomb Iran over the new embassy plot.

Admiral Yi

Like who?