Barrister's obnoxious thread full of smug parenting stories

Started by Barrister, May 17, 2012, 02:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on September 02, 2014, 10:01:45 AM
That sounds sort of like my second kid Henry.  Maybe it is a second kid thing :hmm: or maybe our genes are continuing to be freakily identical.  David just puts the word 'poopie' on everything to make it funny.  'Here is your dinner David' 'it's a poopie-dinner!' *laughs uproariously*

Seems like a general boy thing to me.  They just like being (or talking) gross.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

My best friend's 4-year old kid has made up a guy called "The Poopie Man" who is apparently responsible for a lot of misdeeds.

And this is the same kid who tells oddly vivid stories about "past lives" where he had a family, a job, etc. and tells you about how he died.  And he's obsessed with New York City-- even though he's never been there before he'll tell you all about it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Quote from: derspiess on September 03, 2014, 11:03:45 AM
And this is the same kid who tells oddly vivid stories about "past lives" where he had a family, a job, etc. and tells you about how he died. 

You're thinking of CdM.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Barrister

So Timmy is struggling to tell us how much he loves his mom and dad.  Multiple times per day, he'll come up to one of us and say "I love you more than all the animals and plants and tractors in the world!", or some various combination of things that don't compare to his love for mommy and daddy. :wub:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

So my niece was having a surprise birthday party at the new megaplex; my sister invited me but I declined, since it's a time for her and her friends.

Besides, at 11, she's getting to the age where the single, childless bachelor uncle hanging out at the events is going to start freaking out all the other kids' soccer moms. 

Tonitrus

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 27, 2014, 07:53:03 PM
What about the single soccer moms?  :(

:lol: The circles my sister travels in, there are none.  Everybody is a clone, the only difference is which luxury SUV brand they're driving.

Besides, I never mess with single moms.

CountDeMoney

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 27, 2014, 07:56:02 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on September 27, 2014, 07:53:03 PM
What about the single soccer moms?  :(

:lol: The circles my sister travels in, there are none.  Everybody is a clone, the only difference is which luxury SUV brand they're driving.

Besides, I never mess with single moms.
So married moms are ok, but not single ones? Your rule book is weird :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

After hearing the musical crap the twins have been exposed to, I am conducting a musical scorched earth campaign.

They are on a regimen of Alice in Chains, Early Van Halen, Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd and Queens of the Stone Age.

Early results are promising, since they were exposed to AiC early. Further updates as the war continues.