Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on May 30, 2014, 11:53:32 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 30, 2014, 11:34:28 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 30, 2014, 11:31:19 AM
:yes:

Ariel, surprisingly, turns 3 tomorrow.

Ariel is very blessed - she shares a birthday with the Winnipeg Jets. :hug:

(which reminds me - it's nearly time for a certain annual bump... :shifty:)

There was a guy on my previous commute from the old apartment who was wearing a Jets cap every morning.

We're everywhere. :ph34r:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

Quote from: Barrister on May 31, 2014, 09:34:18 AM
Quote from: Syt on May 30, 2014, 11:53:32 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 30, 2014, 11:34:28 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 30, 2014, 11:31:19 AM
:yes:

Ariel, surprisingly, turns 3 tomorrow.

Ariel is very blessed - she shares a birthday with the Winnipeg Jets. :hug:

(which reminds me - it's nearly time for a certain annual bump... :shifty:)

There was a guy on my previous commute from the old apartment who was wearing a Jets cap every morning.

We're everywhere. :ph34r:

You're not here. Thieves.  :mad:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

sbr

My oldest daughter is 20 and is going to school in Seattle.

My youngest daughter graduates high school tomorrow, and has no plans other than continue working where she is and going to community college.

Tonight they informed that the youngest in probably going to move to Seattle with her sister in August, live with her sister and 2 other roommates, and go to CC and work up there.

They asked me how I felt about it.   <_< :angry: :yeah: :yeahright: :bash:

Valmy

What sort of trouble could she get into in Seattle? :goodboy:

Henry had a sore throat last evening but felt compelled to do things that made him giggle all night, which would set him coughing and hurt his throat.  I had to watch my son constantly engage in activity that led to his own destruction  :(

They both started a new school this week.  The teachers continuously praise David.  I am never sure if my kids are actually as awesome as I think they are, or if I just think so because I am their dad.  And to be fair I do not hang out with very many other three year olds.  So that was nice to hear.   :showoff:

Henry is having a rough start but the last school he had been going to since he was six weeks old until a week ago.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Timmy, Andrew, and Timmy's friend Angus are all camped out tonight in my old tent in our basement.  They're just giggling away, not sleeping, having an awesome time.

Sometimes I wish I was four again. :(

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on June 06, 2014, 12:07:54 AM
My oldest daughter is 20 and is going to school in Seattle.

Heh, my boss is sending his kid to Seattle for school this fall.  Of course, he's a little stoner, but that's to be expected.  No, not the boss, the kid.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on June 13, 2014, 10:47:48 PM
Sometimes I wish I was four again. :(

Yeah, I know how you feel.  Life was the best right up to when I hit 7.

But the one comfort I can take in starting my life over again at 43 is that it's not going to take as long this time around.

Valmy

Words cannot adequately describe my joy when David lines up all his transformers and says 'Autobots roll out!'

It is like it is 1984 again  :cry:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on June 21, 2014, 11:00:52 AM
Words cannot adequately describe my joy when David lines up all his transformers and says 'Autobots roll out!'

It is like it is 1984 again  :cry:

My boys love their transformer toys.

But they're all based on the cartoon Transformers: Rescue Bots, and these particular toys are all made for pre-schoolers with a stated age range of 3 and up.  They "transform" with one or two very simple actions.

My mother in law knows that the boys love transformers, but they also love dinosaurs.  So when she saw some transformer dinosaurs at the store, she got each of the two boys one.

Trouble is that these are NOT made for pre-schoolers, but have a stated age range of 8 and up.  The instructions to transform them have 16 separate steps!  If I spend several minutes at it I can manage to transform each one, but of course the boys soon want them transformed into the other form.

So much of my Sunday was spent dealing with pleas to transform their bots.

I think these toys are going to get recalled to Cybertron very quickly. <_<

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

A two-fer, both involving Timmy.

-The other night at supper was all about "silly words".  Timmy would say - I know a silly word - dinosaurpancake!  elephantchair!  And so on and so forth - combaining two unrelated words together, and then giggling about it.

-I was outside with Timmy in our cul-de-sac, when the neighbor kid also came out, together with some other kids that had come over to play.  They're east indian of some sort or another, and they brought out a cricket bat and a tennis ball.  Timmy was fascinated by this, so the neighbor kids (ages around 10 or so, compared to Timmy at 4) invited him over to try and play with them.  About all he could do was run to retreive lost balls, but they did at one point try and show him how to use the cricket bat.

Baby Josh is doing great - first teeth just startted popping out, and he's taking more and more steps on his own.  He can do up to a half dozen or so, and can remain standing still a really long time.  Pretty good for 10 months.

And Andrew is going to be our "special little guy" I think (he's the one pictured in my avatar with the orange bear toque and moustache soother).  He's super funny, but not in a way that breaks down into amusing little Languish anecdotes.  He just has his own little way of doing everything, and doesn't much care how others are doing it (except, of course, for the times he slavishly copies whatever big brother Tim is doing).

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on September 02, 2014, 09:41:45 AM
And Andrew is going to be our "special little guy" I think (he's the one pictured in my avatar with the orange bear toque and moustache soother).  He's super funny, but not in a way that breaks down into amusing little Languish anecdotes.  He just has his own little way of doing everything, and doesn't much care how others are doing it (except, of course, for the times he slavishly copies whatever big brother Tim is doing).

That sounds sort of like my second kid Henry.  Maybe it is a second kid thing :hmm: or maybe our genes are continuing to be freakily identical.  David just puts the word 'poopie' on everything to make it funny.  'Here is your dinner David' 'it's a poopie-dinner!' *laughs uproariously*

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on September 02, 2014, 10:01:45 AM
David just puts the word 'poopie' on everything to make it funny.  'Here is your dinner David' 'it's a poopie-dinner!' *laughs uproariously*

Sounds like he is ready to join languish.   :lol:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Jacob

Quote from: alfred russel on September 02, 2014, 10:05:35 AM
Quote from: Valmy on September 02, 2014, 10:01:45 AM
David just puts the word 'poopie' on everything to make it funny.  'Here is your dinner David' 'it's a poopie-dinner!' *laughs uproariously*

Sounds like he is ready to join languish.   :lol:

He can be Ed Anger's understudy.