Barrister's obnoxious thread full of smug parenting stories

Started by Barrister, May 17, 2012, 02:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on May 28, 2014, 02:23:04 PM
Just to clarify I was not trying to make Henry eat anything.  He wanted some brownies and I said he could have some if he ate some of his beans.  He just could have walked away from the Brownies at any time.  But no!  Battle Royal ensued and it was funny.

Was it worth the fight?

If the family is having brownies then the kid should have them too.  The difference between you and the kid is that nobody is making you eat stuff you hate before you have desert ;)

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on May 28, 2014, 02:23:04 PM
Just to clarify I was not trying to make Henry eat anything.  He wanted some brownies and I said he could have some if he ate some of his beans.  He just could have walked away from the Brownies at any time.  But no!  Battle Royal ensued and it was funny.

Hehe... Yeah... been there, done that. I'm fairly sure no one is the worse for wear, and it'll be a great story to tell around the kitchen table when he brings his first girlfriend around. :D
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ed Anger

I starve my kids. They steal from the neighbors.

God help them if they get caught though.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 28, 2014, 05:41:55 PM
I starve my kids. They steal from the neighbors.

God help them if they get caught though.

But you are raising a phalanx of Spartans.  Not everyone can field that kind of manpower.

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

The twins are formally promoted to 1st Grade next year :)

They might get that Wii U they want. Gaming n00bs.  :rolleyes:

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 29, 2014, 10:42:35 AM
What's the "U" supposed to indicate?

The current console that succeeded the Wii (though it has not exactly been a success, per se).
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

No idea, I think it is supposed to be nonsensical.

Or maybe it stands for Wisconsin International University.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grey Fox

No one knows.

Stupid Nintendo should have called it Wii 2.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 29, 2014, 10:16:20 AM
The twins are formally promoted to 1st Grade next year :)

They might get that Wii U they want. Gaming n00bs.  :rolleyes:

Tommy starts 1st grade next year.  We have a "graduation" thing for his kindergarten class tomorrow, the concept of which annoys me to no end.

Oh, and I put an Xbox 360 in his room, mainly for him & me to watch Netflix and for him to play his Lego games.  Made the mistake of buying him that new Plants Vs. Zombies game, not knowing it was an online-only FPS.  The good news is that practically everyone else who plays that game sounds like they're also about his age.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on May 29, 2014, 12:56:14 PM
Tommy starts 1st grade next year.  We have a "graduation" thing for his kindergarten class tomorrow, the concept of which annoys me to no end.

I had one for Kindergarten, I had one for third grade (because my school went from 1st to 3rd), and then another for fifth grade.  I was getting pretty good at graduating by the time I was a Senior in HS.

crazy canuck

So you have both a tv and an xbox in the bedroom of a kid in kindergarten?  Shouldnt you be helping him to make better choices regarding how to use his time?