Barrister's obnoxious thread full of smug parenting stories

Started by Barrister, May 17, 2012, 02:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

So we have an invisible friend around our house these days.

His name his Wilbur.  He mostly comes around supper time.  We usually have an empty chair, and Wilbur usually joins us.  Timmy insists that we have to give Wilbur something to eat, like a carrot or piece of broccoli or something.  But sometimes we have to make room for Wilbur on the couch as well.

We've had an extra bed set up in Timmy's room, for Andrew to eventually sleep in.  Well tonight Andrew climbed into that bed himself around bedtime, so we tried to put him to bed there.  No luck.  Between Timmy being excited someone was sleeping in his room, and Andrew climbing out of the bed every 30 seconds, it didn't work.  It was so easy when we first put Timmy into a bed from the crib - he didn't actually realize he could climb out on his own.  In the morning he'd just bellow for us to come and get him out.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on January 20, 2014, 12:24:22 AM
So we have an invisible friend around our house these days.

His name his Wilbur.  He mostly comes around supper time.  We usually have an empty chair, and Wilbur usually joins us.  Timmy insists that we have to give Wilbur something to eat, like a carrot or piece of broccoli or something.  But sometimes we have to make room for Wilbur on the couch as well.

We've had an extra bed set up in Timmy's room, for Andrew to eventually sleep in.  Well tonight Andrew climbed into that bed himself around bedtime, so we tried to put him to bed there.  No luck.  Between Timmy being excited someone was sleeping in his room, and Andrew climbing out of the bed every 30 seconds, it didn't work.  It was so easy when we first put Timmy into a bed from the crib - he didn't actually realize he could climb out on his own.  In the morning he'd just bellow for us to come and get him out.

Sharing rooms sucks. Altho my kids seems to have aclimated to eachother I've decided to cut my (giant) living room in half & build my son a room there.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

So I guess Timmy was watching some show on ancient history and dinosaurs, and one section must have been about Cambrian-era arthropods like trilobites.

Because suddenly instad of wanting to play Dinosaurs, he wanted to play Arthropods.  Except he didn't actually know what an Arthropod was.   :lol:

I told him that a lobster was an arthropod and he seemed happy enough with that, and was going to play at being a lobster.  But he stopped to ask me how many legs they have.  I said 8.  Timmy thought for a second, and declared "well I'm a lobster with two legs!" pointing at his legs.

And then he ran around pinching things like a lobster.

In other news baby Joshua managed to roll over onto his belly for the first time.  Also the second through 10th time.  But of course he only managed to roll himself onto his back again once, and every other time I had to do rescue him from being on his tummy.

Grey Fox

Barrister

Grey Fox

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister