Barrister's obnoxious thread full of smug parenting stories

Started by Barrister, May 17, 2012, 02:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 26, 2013, 10:02:54 AM
My bed time routine consist of hugs & kisses then she tells me to leave her room & close the door.

:lol:

Riley used to be like that. I'd tuck her in, settle in beside her, and start reading a story. After just a couple of sentences, she'd put her hand on my mouth and say, "Shh-shh, Mommy. Shh-shh." So, I'd try to sing her a song, and she'd do the same thing. Finally, I'd say, "Okay, should I leave?" She'd nod sleepily, roll over, and say, "And shut the door on your way out, okay? Night, Mommy." She was three.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Barrister

Timmy will sometimes do that - as a stalling tactic.  He'll say "no hug! No kiss!".

When I then say "okay, goodnight then." and start heading for the door suddenly he wants his hugs and kisses.

I wish I wasn't always just talking about Timmy... but Andrew is only just learning to talk.  He happily hears his story and gets put in his crib.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on August 26, 2013, 11:59:25 AM
Man my kids seem so clingy and needy by comparison.

Riley was - and is - unique. My boys were more like yours.

crazy canuck

I really miss those days. :(

I would go to the room of the oldest boy and start reading a book with one boy on each side.  Eventually the younger one would get tired and give and hug and kiss and toddle off to his bedroom where my wife would tuck him in.  I would keep reading until the older boy started drifting off - or I did - which ever came first. :D

Ed Anger

I am quite prepared to read Rise and Fall of the Third Reich as punishment.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 26, 2013, 04:47:14 PM

Interesting choice.  I opted for Narnia

Ed Anger

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 26, 2013, 05:23:09 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 26, 2013, 04:47:14 PM

Interesting choice.  I opted for Narnia

I'm not a monster.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 26, 2013, 10:02:54 AM
My bed time routine consist of hugs & kisses then she tells me to leave her room & close the door.

I think I may have jinx myself. That is not what is happening tonite. I read her a story & sang a couple of songs. She still screams "Daddy, no more sleep" every 10mins or so.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

merithyn

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 06, 2013, 12:27:05 PM
He'll have, what, 2 years of pre-school?

Poor kid.

:huh:  He was super excited to go.  Really, he just wants to play with kids his own age.  He plays with his little brother, but there's only so much you can do with a 14 month old.

Meri - no tears on this end.  I'll see how mommy did later on.

derspiess

:thumbsup: 

Tommy didn't like having to go to pre-school, but once he got there he enjoyed it.  What amazed me was how quickly I became that annoying, intrusive parent asking about everything he did that day in school, and how quickly he became the surly kid that gave me vague answers or no answer at all.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on September 06, 2013, 12:38:55 PM
:thumbsup: 

Tommy didn't like having to go to pre-school, but once he got there he enjoyed it.  What amazed me was how quickly I became that annoying, intrusive parent asking about everything he did that day in school, and how quickly he became the surly kid that gave me vague answers or no answer at all.

:lol: