Barrister's obnoxious thread full of smug parenting stories

Started by Barrister, May 17, 2012, 02:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Okay, so a recent pic.  Apparently Timmy and I went native in Brazil, wearing Bahia soccer jerseys.  But thank goodness Andrew knew enough to keep the faith of the Winnipeg Jets.

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

sbr

Barrister

Quote from: sbr on May 14, 2013, 12:32:06 AM
Quote from: katmai on May 14, 2013, 12:27:21 AM
Still look 12.

And the fake glasses don't help at all.

I'll tell you the same thing I tell Andrew each time he wants to grab my glasses: "I need these to see!". :mad:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on May 14, 2013, 12:27:21 AM
Still look 12.

No kidding.

"That guy just sent me to prison?  That guy?  Seriously?"

merithyn

Quote from: Barrister on May 13, 2013, 11:32:36 PM
So my wife had a doctor's appointment today.  I've missed a few, but today I could go.

When we went, the doctor, as hard as she tried, could not find the baby's heartbeat.  The doctor was pretty calm about it, but insisted we get into an ultrasound.  Today.  Which sent my wife into tears.

So we got into an ultrasound in the late afternoon.  Baby was just fine.  Just had his/her back to us.  But since we were in there, the ultrasound technician wanted to do the full workup. 

:hug:

I'm so glad that it all worked out. That's terrifying when that happens. How far along is she now?

QuoteWhich included asking about gender.  After the big scare my wife really wanted to know the gender.
It's another boy!  Yay three boys! :unsure:

:D

Oh, you're going to have soooo much fun. :lol:

And of course this means you have to have at least one more child so that you've got one good little angel girl. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Barrister

We're at 19 weeks.  Due date is October 8th.

But really - how much trouble could 3 brothers born three years apart get into? :unsure:

And no.  We're done. 

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 14, 2013, 12:14:39 AM
Couple pages back he posted a picture of his gigantic newborn.  The chick.

She's almost 2. My new kid is ~2 month away from release.

@BB, lots & lots. Also your grocery bills are going to suck starting in 10 years. You a costco member, right?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Barrister on May 14, 2013, 09:19:53 AM

But really - how much trouble could 3 brothers born three years apart get into? :unsure:

And no.  We're done.

:cheers:

My sister's 2nd is due sometime similar as well.  I dig being an uncle.   :D
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

merithyn

And no.  We're done.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Have fun. :D

merithyn

Riley and I were watching some old Youtube videos that she made about three years ago (during the Vancouver Winter Olympics), and I thought I'd share one. She was so cute and adorable, then. :wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fRkyEDE9uM

ulmont

I have two  brothers, one 2 years younger than me and one 4 years younger.  The answer is lots.

merithyn

Well, here... a few tales of the last 19 years....

* Jak and Carter tried to cut Jak's pinkie off with my sewing shears
*Carter and Jak tried to teach Jeremy to swim in the bathtub... when he was six months old.
*Note: three toddlers do not fit on a single tricylce, no matter how much they may want to
*Where one boy cannot climb a tree, three certainly can. The problem: they can't get back down.
*Running in circles in the house with capes on is great fun! UNTIL one boy tries to pass the other two and the smallest goes flying into the stair banister. (Only four stitches above the eye. NBD)
*Doors keep people out (and in) at night... unless one brother lets the other two out and back in for $20
*Fair fights are a nice concept, but three-on-one is more effective, and suspension for all is a lot more fun than suspension for one.
*Fist fights are not reserved for other kids
*In one year, we had stitches, a broken bone, a severely twisted ankle, two asthma attacks, and an appendectomy.

;)

PDH

Quote from: AnchorClanker on May 14, 2013, 09:23:05 AM

My sister's 2nd is due sometime similar as well.  I dig being an uncle.   :D

I do far better as an uncle than I ever would have as a dad.  I enjoy being the bad uncle.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM