Barrister's obnoxious thread full of smug parenting stories

Started by Barrister, May 17, 2012, 02:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Barrister

So I'm sitting watching the Jets game last night.  Tim is sitting on my lap.

He proudly announces "I tooted!", but then he asks "where did the toot go?"

I say it went up in the sky.  Tim asks "Up in the sky like an airplane?"  I say sure, like an airplane.

Tim thinks for a bit, the decides that "the toot went to the airport then went up in the sky". :lol:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on January 23, 2013, 10:25:15 AM
So I'm sitting watching the Jets game last night.  Tim is sitting on my lap.

He proudly announces "I tooted!", but then he asks "where did the toot go?"

I say it went up in the sky.  Tim asks "Up in the sky like an airplane?"  I say sure, like an airplane.

Tim thinks for a bit, the decides that "the toot went to the airport then went up in the sky". :lol:

They get confused when they grow a little older and suddenly their toots aren't as cute.

Lola rarely had gas even as an infant but she had a big one the other day that scared her :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Beeb, I think you're great, your kids are great, this thread is great.  But that last story about the toots going to the airport went full Family Circus.

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on October 25, 2012, 11:26:19 AM
My kid is two.  Like any two year old he loves big loud trucks.  His favourites are fire trucks, but school buses, garbage trucks, road graders and the like are all fascinating to him.

Tuesday was garbage day.  My wife, hearing the garbage truck, took Timmy outside to watch the garbage truck.  I guess the garbagemen knew they had an audience, because they proceeded to back up to each house in the cul-de-sac, emptied the garbage, and crushed the garbage in the compactor after each and every house. :)

Andrew, on the other hand, got his first time in the Jolly Jumper last night.  He liked it.

I spoke with my wife over the phone today.  I asked what Timmy was doing.

"Oh he's standing at our bedroom window, waiting for the garbage truck to come".

:lol:

We had told him yesterday that the garbage truck was coming today...

Barrister

Timmy likes to tell me about elephants, and to act them out.

He'll come up to me and say "elephants walk like this" (he then gets on his hands and feet), "elephants drink water with their trunks" (he puts his arm to his face to act as a trunk) "elephants go phooooo!" (his arm-trunk goes up in the air and he makes a sound like an elephant) "elephants go stomp stomp stomp" (he stomps around on the floor - this might be his favourite part) and "elephants wriggle their ears" (his uses his hands to wiggle his ears)

:)

katmai

Better start reading him Babar and show him how proper elephants act.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

Quote from: katmai on February 07, 2013, 10:11:13 AM
Better start reading him Babar and show him how proper elephants act.

As gigolos for rich old Frenchwomen?  :hmm:

:P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on February 07, 2013, 10:08:42 AM

Have you explained to him that there will likely be none living in the wild during his lifetime?

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on January 30, 2013, 05:12:35 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 25, 2012, 11:26:19 AM
My kid is two.  Like any two year old he loves big loud trucks.  His favourites are fire trucks, but school buses, garbage trucks, road graders and the like are all fascinating to him.

Tuesday was garbage day.  My wife, hearing the garbage truck, took Timmy outside to watch the garbage truck.  I guess the garbagemen knew they had an audience, because they proceeded to back up to each house in the cul-de-sac, emptied the garbage, and crushed the garbage in the compactor after each and every house. :)

Andrew, on the other hand, got his first time in the Jolly Jumper last night.  He liked it.

I spoke with my wife over the phone today.  I asked what Timmy was doing.

"Oh he's standing at our bedroom window, waiting for the garbage truck to come".

:lol:

We had told him yesterday that the garbage truck was coming today...

That's awesome.  Garbage truck comes by our house at around 6:30 in the morning.  Used to scare the shit out of Tommy.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 07, 2013, 05:37:59 PM
Quote from: Barrister on February 07, 2013, 10:08:42 AM

Have you explained to him that there will likely be none living in the wild during his lifetime?

What do you think zoos are for?  It's not like he's likely to go on a safari :rolleyes:

Barrister

An Andrew story tonight.

So he's 7 months old, going on 8.  We can pull himself up to standing and cruise around on furniture like nobody's business.

He also just learned to blow his lips together and blow raspberries. Pbbbbllllttttt!

So tonight he'd pull himself up on the couch, cruise over to me, and start blowing raspberries at me.  I'd blow one back, and we had a whole spit-filled 'conversation' blowing raspberries back and forth.  :cool: