Barrister's obnoxious thread full of smug parenting stories

Started by Barrister, May 17, 2012, 02:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Anyways, the assignment was to get your parents to tell you the meaning of your names and tell the rest of the class next Sunday. GIVE ME HOMEWORK AND THEY GET THE CREDIT?

Good thing I didn't go to church (NFL Exception invoked).
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Barrister on October 25, 2012, 11:26:19 AM
My kid is two.  Like any two year old he loves big loud trucks.  His favourites are fire trucks, but school buses, garbage trucks, road graders and the like are all fascinating to him.

Tuesday was garbage day.  My wife, hearing the garbage truck, took Timmy outside to watch the garbage truck.  I guess the garbagemen knew they had an audience, because they proceeded to back up to each house in the cul-de-sac, emptied the garbage, and crushed the garbage in the compactor after each and every house. :)

Andrew, on the other hand, got his first time in the Jolly Jumper last night.  He liked it.

My oldest was a huge fan of construction equipment when he was 2-4 years old. One time we were driving from Suffolk to northern England and came across an enormous road widening project (somewhere near Cambridge)...................14 miles of single lane traffic and vast machines, grading equipment etc etc

What would have counted as a bore under most circumstances turned into a highlight of the holiday  :cool:

Ed Anger

I attempted to use the twins as diversion (go bug your mother for a bit) so I could raid the fridge and get some of the Thanksgiving Banana Pudding. Sadly, I was stabbed in the back when Katerina yelled that "Daddy is stealing the pudding". I was then ejected from the kitchen.

Katerina is out of the will. Cassandra is Heir Primus now.

A commando raid is scheduled for midnight.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Andrew has reached what I'm calling the "reverse turtle" stage of development - he can roll from his back onto his tummy, but he's then trapped because he can't roll back onto his back.

I had to get up at 6am when he was crying to turn him over, give him his soother, when he promptly went back to sleep.   :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Enjoy it.  Gets a lot more "fun" when you have two running all over the place, feeding off each other's energy. 

How old is he now?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on December 07, 2012, 10:41:38 AM
Enjoy it.  Gets a lot more "fun" when you have two running all over the place, feeding off each other's energy. 

How old is he now?

Five months.

I am looking forward to when the two can play with each other.  You can tell Timmy would love for someone to run around with, and you can that Andrew would love to be into whatever his big brother is doing.

merithyn

You think that now, BB, but Carter and Jak's idea of "playing together" involved trying to cut off appendages. Be very careful what you wish for, that's all I'm saying.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Barrister

Quote from: merithyn on December 07, 2012, 01:12:20 PM
You think that now, BB, but Carter and Jak's idea of "playing together" involved trying to cut off appendages. Be very careful what you wish for, that's all I'm saying.

We'll see.

I meanI have no doubt there'll be a lot of roughhousing, but so far TImmy has been very caring about "baby".  He gives his little brother hugs and kisses, and when he wants me to come play with him he always says "baby can come".

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on December 07, 2012, 01:12:20 PM

They are still alive.  Mission accomplished!

I only hope I am as skilled.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on December 07, 2012, 01:14:47 PM
but so far TImmy has been very caring about "baby".  He gives his little brother hugs and kisses, and when he wants me to come play with him he always says "baby can come".

Yep, that's how it is at that stage.  Like I said, enjoy it :P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on December 07, 2012, 01:53:43 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 07, 2012, 01:14:47 PM
but so far TImmy has been very caring about "baby".  He gives his little brother hugs and kisses, and when he wants me to come play with him he always says "baby can come".

Yep, that's how it is at that stage.  Like I said, enjoy it :P

yep

but it gets better after they pass through the mortal combat stage of brotherhood.

Valmy

Behold the required annual Santa picture...and the very drooled on sleeve of my four month old son.  Yeah Santa wears cowboy boots when he visits Texas.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Barrister

Because I need to prove my boys and cuter than Valmy's:  :P