Barrister's obnoxious thread full of smug parenting stories

Started by Barrister, May 17, 2012, 02:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on October 22, 2012, 10:29:50 AM
Quote from: Malthus on October 22, 2012, 09:46:14 AM
You guys have no clue what toddler music class is like.  :lol:

As BB has said, it ain't sitting at a piano bench learning scales (I hated that too, BTW).

Carl is doing that stuff now, and he's pretty good at it, but when he was a tot he went to "music class" for tots - and it was all about playing and singing. He enjoyed it, a lot. All the kids did.

It's like letting kids loose in a playroom with plastercene, construction paper and glitter glue and calling it "art class". They are not busy learning perspective and how to shade a sphere!
Ok, I stand corrected.

Ok but then don't call it "music class".  :P

Ed Anger

Just think of under age 6 activities like herding cats.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 22, 2012, 10:32:52 AM

I know there are insane helicopter parents out there who have their 6 year old kids signed up for tons of extracurricular activities, so much that the poor kids have no time to actually enjoy being kids. So when someone talks about signing their 2 year old for a "music class" I have a reason to suspect the worst.  :P

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on October 22, 2012, 10:35:41 AM

I know there are insane helicopter parents out there who have their 6 year old kids signed up for tons of extracurricular activities, so much that the poor kids have no time to actually enjoy being kids. So when someone talks about signing their 2 year old for a "music class" I have a reason to suspect the worst.  :P

Because if they are posting on Languish, they must be insane?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on October 22, 2012, 10:39:18 AM
Because if they are posting on Languish, they must be insane?

As assumptions go, that's not a bad one ...  :hmm:

;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

Quote from: Martinus on October 22, 2012, 10:35:41 AM

Most of us are not Chinese.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on October 22, 2012, 10:31:47 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 22, 2012, 09:57:04 AM
It's nice to see that the Canadian crowd has the wit not to listen to Eastern Europeans.  It occurs to me Barrister is descended from Eastern Europeans and Malthus probably is, so maybe they are just further down the evolutionary track.

I think Barrister has a Polish-Ukrainian wife and Malthus a Ukrainian wife, so your argument sucks.

I fail to see why.  They aren't posting, and as long as their children is born on this side of the Atlantic they do fine.  Malthus and Barrister are fulling formed Homo Sapiens, while Dguller who lives in the US and is a citizen is like Homo Erectus, striving to better himself making complex tools and such.  If he were to convince some woman to mate with him either by hook or by crook, the result would be a Homo Sapiens.  You on the other hand are like some kind of primeval lungfish wallowing in the mud.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on October 22, 2012, 11:30:10 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 22, 2012, 10:31:47 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 22, 2012, 09:57:04 AM
It's nice to see that the Canadian crowd has the wit not to listen to Eastern Europeans.  It occurs to me Barrister is descended from Eastern Europeans and Malthus probably is, so maybe they are just further down the evolutionary track.

I think Barrister has a Polish-Ukrainian wife and Malthus a Ukrainian wife, so your argument sucks.

I fail to see why.  They aren't posting, and as long as their children is born on this side of the Atlantic they do fine.  Malthus and Barrister are fulling formed Homo Sapiens, while Dguller who lives in the US and is a citizen is like Homo Erectus, striving to better himself making complex tools and such.  If he were to convince some woman to mate with him either by hook or by crook, the result would be a Homo Sapiens.  You on the other hand are like some kind of primeval lungfish wallowing in the mud.

Neil does this schtick much better than you do. :console:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

I like calling Marty a lungfish.  It's something I enjoy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on October 22, 2012, 04:36:03 PM
:( :yes:

Under the Ed anger system

Native born Americans are Spartan Equals
Beeb and Malt are Perodci
You, as a non native are helots.

Barrister

My kid is two.  Like any two year old he loves big loud trucks.  His favourites are fire trucks, but school buses, garbage trucks, road graders and the like are all fascinating to him.

Tuesday was garbage day.  My wife, hearing the garbage truck, took Timmy outside to watch the garbage truck.  I guess the garbagemen knew they had an audience, because they proceeded to back up to each house in the cul-de-sac, emptied the garbage, and crushed the garbage in the compactor after each and every house. :)

Andrew, on the other hand, got his first time in the Jolly Jumper last night.  He liked it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

My kids got Sunday school homework. WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 28, 2012, 12:39:18 PM

"Assignment One:  Draw a picture of God.  Make it anatomically correct."
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on October 28, 2012, 04:07:03 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 28, 2012, 12:39:18 PM

"Assignment One:  Draw a picture of God.  Make it anatomically correct."

I really don't want to have a wiener discussion with the twins. I don't need to hear them with their salty sailor talk.