Barrister's obnoxious thread full of smug parenting stories

Started by Barrister, May 17, 2012, 02:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

That's right.

My Sister in law is retard when it comes to nutrition, only some crazy hyper healthy shit.

When the kids come over, I feed them so much chocolate, chips & candy that they don't sleep for days!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 06, 2012, 12:13:18 PM
My Sister in law is retard when it comes to nutrition, only some crazy hyper healthy shit.

My sister in law is sort of the same way, but more selectively and probably less intelligently so.  What's worse is that she also tends to buy only generic-branded food, without any regard to the trade-off in quality.  So if it tastes like crap, it's worth it because she saved ten cents.

She freaked the hell out that we only had white bread in the house when I was going to make my nephew a sandwich.  I was vindicated when my nephew said it was the best bread he ever had.  He calls it "the good bread".  Come to think of it, he calls most things in our food pantry "the good [food type]".  So naturally I always try to feed him and his sister whatever they want so they can go home & tell their mom how great the food is as Uncle Shayne's house.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

They were over monday afternoon & they ask what I was making for Dinner, Old El Paso Taco, and I ask them what they were going to have? Lentil Cury.

I had to excuse myself.

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 06, 2012, 12:34:01 PM
They were over monday afternoon & they ask what I was making for Dinner, Old El Paso Taco, and I ask them what they were going to have? Lentil Cury.

I had to excuse myself.

Awesome.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Quote from: derspiess on September 06, 2012, 12:35:07 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 06, 2012, 12:34:01 PM

I had to excuse myself.

Awesome.

After that I gave them a chocolate bar each. I mean, I'm not a monster.

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on September 06, 2012, 12:30:20 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 06, 2012, 12:13:18 PM

My sister in law is sort of the same way, but more selectively and probably less intelligently so.  What's worse is that she also tends to buy only generic-branded food, without any regard to the trade-off in quality.  So if it tastes like crap, it's worth it because she saved ten cents.

She freaked the hell out that we only had white bread in the house when I was going to make my nephew a sandwich.  I was vindicated when my nephew said it was the best bread he ever had.  He calls it "the good bread".  Come to think of it, he calls most things in our food pantry "the good [food type]".  So naturally I always try to feed him and his sister whatever they want so they can go home & tell their mom how great the food is as Uncle Shayne's house.
:x White bread is an abomination.  What kind of crap does your sister buy if white bread tastes good in comparison?

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 06, 2012, 11:39:02 AM
Raz, as an Uncle, it is your duty to spoil her rotten. Feed the kid candy, ignoring any instructions from the parents.

In fact, blow your nose into any written instructions given to you.

Sadly, she lives up in Wisconsin.  I do send toys up all the time though.  And Savings Bonds on her birthday.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on September 06, 2012, 12:37:50 PM
:x White bread is an abomination.

I usually buy whole wheat or multigrain, but the wife prefers white-- the kind she gets is pretty decent.

QuoteWhat kind of crap does your sister buy if white bread tastes good in comparison?

Store-brand whole wheat bread.  It's pretty terrible.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

:mad: You're worse than all those idiots making endless beet jokes at Tamas's expense.

HVC

Quote from: DGuller on September 06, 2012, 02:41:03 PM
:mad: You're worse than all those idiots making endless beet jokes at Tamas's expense.
he is the one making beet jokes :P

Although he's right on in both cases :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

derspiess

Ed Anger

And speaking of store bought bread, Kroger's store brand has to be among the worst. I don't care if it is 99 cents a loaf, it has a chemical smell to it.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive