Barrister's obnoxious thread full of smug parenting stories

Started by Barrister, May 17, 2012, 02:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

For the parents of toddlers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YWDQN_X5b-M

QuoteAmong the Sleep is a first person horror adventure, in which you play a two year old child. After being put to bed at night, mystical things will happen.

For more info about the development of Among the Sleep, head over to our blog http://www.krillbite.com/blog or visit the project page at http://www.krillbite.com/ats
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Somewhere Malthus asked about little Tim's first sentence.  At the time I said he hadn't said more than two words together.

Even in the last few weeks that's changed.  His first sentence I can recall was a week and a half ago from the Calgary Zoo "Hippo go lie down", which, naturally, was him commenting on the hippo which had been walking around, lying down on the ground.

But yesterday was the best.  I picked him up from dayhome, and I got a big hug and a "I love you daddy". :wub:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on May 29, 2012, 01:31:23 PM
Somewhere Malthus asked about little Tim's first sentence.  At the time I said he hadn't said more than two words together.

Even in the last few weeks that's changed.  His first sentence I can recall was a week and a half ago from the Calgary Zoo "Hippo go lie down", which, naturally, was him commenting on the hippo which had been walking around, lying down on the ground.

But yesterday was the best.  I picked him up from dayhome, and I got a big hug and a "I love you daddy". :wub:

Awww. :wub:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valdemar

CountDeMoney

I fed the cat late last night, and got a big "About Fucking Time, Pal."  :wub:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Yesterday my son threw his first big and public temper tantrum with me.  Awwwwww

I have talked to other parents about it and it seems the best way to deal with tantrums is to be extremely passive aggressive and that is right in my wheelhouse. :w00t:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

I just have to fight the urge to laugh when he has tantrums.  It's so ridiculous, especially the one or two times it's a full-out, hands and feet banging on the floor, tantrum.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 30, 2012, 09:03:03 AM
I just have to fight the urge to laugh when he has tantrums.  It's so ridiculous, especially the one or two times it's a full-out, hands and feet banging on the floor, tantrum.

No it was hilarious.  I stopped to get cookies and he flipped the fuck out when he saw a whole shelf of cookies.  It was just surprising as I have taken him shopping dozens of times so I was a bit flustered.  Next time I will be ready.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on May 30, 2012, 09:04:42 AM
Quote from: Barrister on May 30, 2012, 09:03:03 AM

No it was hilarious.  I stopped to get cookies and he flipped the fuck out when he saw a whole shelf of cookies.  It was just surprising as I have taken him shopping dozens of times so I was a bit flustered.  Next time I will be ready.

I take Tim shopping all the time.  It's one of the few household chores that can be done with him hanging around.  But last weekend was the first time he started asking, nay, demanding, the various things he saw.  I did buy him an apple, but otherwise just kept on going.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on May 30, 2012, 09:31:09 AM
dayhome?

Pretty sure I covered it within this thread.  Not a professional daycare, with 20 or more kids, but rather he goes to somebody's home.  In this case a nice Indian lady with three young kids of her own, who takes in 3 other little kids during the day.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on May 30, 2012, 09:36:16 AM
In this case a nice Indian lady with three young kids of her own, who takes in 3 other little kids during the day.

Lakota or Slurpee?

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 30, 2012, 09:41:58 AM
Quote from: Barrister on May 30, 2012, 09:36:16 AM
In this case a nice Indian lady with three young kids of her own, who takes in 3 other little kids during the day.

Lakota or Slurpee?

South Asian. :goodboy:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive