Barrister's obnoxious thread full of smug parenting stories

Started by Barrister, May 17, 2012, 02:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: katmai on May 18, 2012, 10:55:59 PM
Sure Meri you say that now, but when it is your sixteen year old daughter giving you grankids you won't be all so mushy.

:ultra:

You keep Siegy away from my daughter! :contract:

:glare:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

I think she's too old now.  And probably too busty.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quotehttp://hypervocal.com/vids/2012/dad-and-daughter-curse-at-celtics-game-together/#

:lol:

I had to read the comments.

QuoteChuck Snow · Top Commenter · 50 years old
I weep for humanity. "Idiocracy" is already here.

Calm down Chuck. Nobody cares that you watched a mediocre movie.  :rolleyes:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

My daughter graduates high school in a couple of weeks but I think it still counts.

She has been very involved in the drama department since she entered high school.  She started off acting but moved to teching and directing a couple of years ago.  She has been student director in 3 plays, she is the only student I know of to direct more than one at this school.

The last event in the drama year is called Tournament of Plays.  Each class (freshman, sophmores, etc) puts on a short one act play and the audience votes for their favorite; after three performances the winner is announced on Saturday (today).  The directors are always upperclassmen, and she ended up directing the freshman group this year.  Usually the freshman get the "Cute and Nice Effort" award but never really do that well.

Until this year.  My daughter and some boy that allegedly isn't her boyfriend herded those snotty nosed kids into putting on a very good show, The Suessification of Romeo and Juliet.  They won for Best Tech, the kid who played Romeo tied for Best Actor, they won Best Directors and Best Play.

It was very cool and well deserved, it was the best play but I didn't think they would get a fair shake.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the high school drama program was one of a very few from the US and Canada picked to go to Edinburgh Scotland in Aug 2013 to participate in the Edinburgh Art Festival.

HVC

Quote from: sbr on May 20, 2012, 02:54:58 AM
My daughter and some boy that allegedly isn't her boyfriend
:lol: you sound like sucha  dad. and congrats to your daughter :)
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

merithyn

Richard Hakluyt

mongers

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 18, 2012, 07:35:13 AM
In a couple of weeks time I'm going to our local pub with my oldest and he's going to buy me a beer  :cheers:

:cool:  :bowler:

But for the love of god, keep him away from languish.

edit:
I forgot you said he was a well adjusted lad, so no chance of him wanting to post here.   :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PDH

In a couple of weeks time I'm going to our local pub with my oldest and he's going to buy me a beer  :cheers:

Really?  He has the 700 bucks it takes to buy two beers in the UK?  You lucky man.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on May 20, 2012, 04:37:31 PM

Really?  He has the 700 bucks it takes to buy two beers in the UK?  You lucky man.

PDH, that's quite a lame way of angling for an invite.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

merithyn

I missed this before but :cheers:

Valdemar

Quote from: Josephus on May 18, 2012, 09:13:23 AM
It's the same with pictures and videos.
My brother has like 1000 pictures of the first three months of his first kid's life.
You'd be hard pressed to find more than a handful for his second kid.

My brother in law managed to convince his kid sister she was adopted by claiming that was why there were virtually no pictures of her as a baby, but plenty of him :D

V

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Josephus on May 18, 2012, 09:13:23 AM
It's the same with pictures and videos.
My brother has like 1000 pictures of the first three months of his first kid's life.
You'd be hard pressed to find more than a handful for his second kid.

This is very, very true.

Berkut

Got the pool opened this weekend.

Wife got a great picture of Melanie jumping in:

Wife had to post on facebook, of course, with the caption:

"My daughter can walk on water. What can yours do?"
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned