Barrister's obnoxious thread full of smug parenting stories

Started by Barrister, May 17, 2012, 02:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 17, 2012, 03:28:38 PM
dayhome, PC for daycare? How expensive is it in your neck of the woods?

We had the live-in Ukranian auntie ... sigh, that was wonderful.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

merithyn

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 17, 2012, 04:37:17 PM
My kids have formed a street gang. You start shit with one, and the others will retaliate.

Saw that at the park today. Some brat pushed one of the twins and the other twin and her brother came out of NOWHERE to dispense justice. 3 VS 1 BEATDOWN.

This is one of the best things about having lots of kids close together.

When Jeremy was around 8 or 9, a bully a few years older was harassing him to the point of tears. The older boys didn't find out until Jeremy got lost coming home because he tried to take a different route to avoid the bully. The next day, I get a call from the school. Carter and Jak had joined up and scared the shit out of the much older, much bigger bully. To the point that the bully's mother went to the school and complained about it.

Has worked well ever since. No one picks on any of them - even the girl; maybe especially the girl - because it's a gimme that there will be a posse after them if they do. :D
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ed Anger

11B4V

QuoteBarrister's obnoxious thread full of smug parenting stories

or Marti's worst nightmare :lol:.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Habbaku

Quote from: Barrister on May 17, 2012, 02:47:49 PM
"Your welcome"

:cry:  Little Tim is going to grow up to be like Timmay if this keeps up.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: 11B4V on May 17, 2012, 07:43:22 PM
QuoteBarrister's obnoxious thread full of smug parenting stories

or Marti's worst nightmare :lol:.

Glitter-toes has plenty of warning from the thread title.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

KRonn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 17, 2012, 02:59:41 PM
Sure, he's cute now, but wait until he sets the bathroom curtains on fire, wrecks the family car, and drops out of college to support his preggo high school girlfriend, Shaniqua.

Ah yes, something to look forward to in the growth of one's offspring! 

Ed Anger

THE WIGGLES BROKE UP.   :cry:

Except blue shirt guy is gonna carry on. WTF IS THIS SHIT.

katmai

:rolleyes:

They didn't breakup, they are being replaced....and i hope you know how horrible i feel for knowing this shit.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on May 18, 2012, 07:03:55 AM
:rolleyes:

They didn't breakup, they are being replaced....and i hope you know how horrible i feel for knowing this shit.

Whatever.  :rolleyes:

CountDeMoney

I thought the Purple One (the smart one) was shot by a deranged fan who had a copy of Goodnight, Moon on him.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on May 17, 2012, 03:50:05 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 17, 2012, 03:28:38 PM
dayhome, PC for daycare? How expensive is it in your neck of the woods?

Daycare is a large facility with 20 or more kids and several staff.

A dayhome is run out of someone's home.  Our is regulated, but before we were with an unregulated (read: under the table) dayhome.  It's a nice lady with three young kids of her own, so to make ends meet she takes in 3 extra kids.  I think that's the max the law allows.

So it's nice because it's a small setting, she knows Tim very well.  The problem is if she has a problem - say a doctor's appointment - suddenly the day home is closed.  There's no other person who can take over.

It's around $600 / month.

Alright. My kid also goes to a dayhome. Ariel seems to like it. There's only 5 other kids & her.

Ouch. I couldn't afford that but then again, 10% income taxes must be fun.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Richard Hakluyt

In a couple of weeks time I'm going to our local pub with my oldest and he's going to buy me a beer  :cheers: