Barrister's obnoxious thread full of smug parenting stories

Started by Barrister, May 17, 2012, 02:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Rather than scatter them throughout different threads (and mostly the OTT) I thought I'd make this thread for my periodic kiddy stories.

All of a sudden little Timmy quite the super-polite little man.  Give him his juice?  "Thanks Daddy!".  Hand him his toy car? "Thanks Daddy!"  He might even rattle off several "Thanks Daddy"s in a row, which each get a response of "Your welcome".

Also this morning as I was putting my shoes on at 6:45 to head out the door I hear the pitter-patter of little feet behind me.  It was very nice to get a morning hug, but I don't like where this is heading for the weekend. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Enjoy it while it lasts. Tommy is still sweet like that to my wife, but not to me anymore.  Oddly, he probably says "please" and "thank you" to me more often, but I guess that's because I enforce manners.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Sure, he's cute now, but wait until he sets the bathroom curtains on fire, wrecks the family car, and drops out of college to support his preggo high school girlfriend, Shaniqua.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 17, 2012, 02:59:41 PM
Sure, he's cute now, but wait until he sets the bathroom curtains on fire, wrecks the family car, and drops out of college to support his preggo high school girlfriend, Shaniqua.

Somehow I feel the urge to watch Road Trip now.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 17, 2012, 03:00:54 PM

WHATD YOU DO KILL A LEOPARD

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 17, 2012, 03:03:47 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 17, 2012, 03:00:54 PM

WHATD YOU DO KILL A LEOPARD

:D

"You guys wanna smoke some drugs?"

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on May 17, 2012, 02:47:49 PM
Also this morning as I was putting my shoes on at 6:45 to head out the door I hear the pitter-patter of little feet behind me.  It was very nice to get a morning hug, but I don't like where this is heading for the weekend. <_<

Wait until grade school. That's when they discover the joys of being impossible to get up during the week (so very, very sleepy), while bursting out of bed at 6 AM full of vim and vigour on the weekend.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

He's not always so sweet. <_<

Picking him up from the dayhome yesterday was great.  As soon as I knock on the door I hear Timmy's voice going "Daddy! Daddy!", and when the door is opened he comes over to give me a great big hug, then he runs around to grab his blankie and water cup so we can go.

But rewind back one more day.  Now it's nice outside, and he's playing in the backyard.  He zooming around on a tricycle (no peddles, just pushing with his feet).  Now he has no interest in daddy or going home, and starts screaming when I go to pick him up after lots of warning.  The screaming goes on for several minutes, until it stops as suddenly as it started. <_<

Grey Fox

dayhome, PC for daycare? How expensive is it in your neck of the woods?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: Malthus on May 17, 2012, 03:07:23 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 17, 2012, 02:47:49 PM

Wait until grade school. That's when they discover the joys of being impossible to get up during the week (so very, very sleepy), while bursting out of bed at 6 AM full of vim and vigour on the weekend.  :D

That's exactly what Tommy does now-- in pre-school :mellow:

I don't even know how it happens, since most days he doesn't know if it's a school day for him or not.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 17, 2012, 03:28:38 PM
dayhome, PC for daycare? How expensive is it in your neck of the woods?

Daycare is a large facility with 20 or more kids and several staff.

A dayhome is run out of someone's home.  Our is regulated, but before we were with an unregulated (read: under the table) dayhome.  It's a nice lady with three young kids of her own, so to make ends meet she takes in 3 extra kids.  I think that's the max the law allows.

So it's nice because it's a small setting, she knows Tim very well.  The problem is if she has a problem - say a doctor's appointment - suddenly the day home is closed.  There's no other person who can take over.

It's around $600 / month.

Ed Anger

My kids have formed a street gang. You start shit with one, and the others will retaliate.

Saw that at the park today. Some brat pushed one of the twins and the other twin and her brother came out of NOWHERE to dispense justice. 3 VS 1 BEATDOWN.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

lol, got yourself an old school family crew working that side of town, Ed.  WE NEED A TASK FORCE ON THE ANGER FAMILY

Ed Anger

And when the second set of twins turn 3, it will be 5 on 1 beatdown time.

COLORS.

Ain't no turning back, homes.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

and then vote for a left-leaning party. :lmfao:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011