Started by Barrister, May 17, 2012, 02:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 10, 2020, 09:38:31 AM
Not exactly chosen for the football program.

It can provide good practical experience for medical students.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on September 10, 2020, 09:39:45 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on September 10, 2020, 09:38:31 AM
Not exactly chosen for the football program.

It can provide good practical experience for medical students.

:D

Already doing that as part of his undergrad.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on September 11, 2020, 10:57:12 AM
Tim made the Tier 1 hockey team for his age.   :cool:

:thumbsup:

I hope David can play sports again in the Spring :(

Barrister

Barrister

Joshua climbs out of the bath last night and has a huge (2" across) bruise in the middle of his forehead.  I ask him what happened - he said "I suction-cupped myself".  Basically he used a suction cup on a toy and wound up giving himself a huge hickey in the middle of his forehead. :frusty:

crazy canuck

:lol:

Hope you took lots of pictures.  That is going to be great when you give your speech on his wedding day!

Barrister

So with no hockey we've turned into a family of skiers!  We bought a season family pass (and a season family rental package) to the local hill.  Josh and Andrew had never been skiing before in their lives, but we figured that with their experience skating they'd pick it up right away.  And sure enough they did.  We've been going 2-3 times per week for the past month and a half.

My youngest Josh (7) though fell the very first time he got off a chairlift.  Ever since then despite being absolutely fearless going down the hill, he's insisted on holding my hand when we get off the chairlift together.

I have been trying to encourage him to not hold my hand as he got off but he still wanted to hold hands - which meant I had to go up with him each time.

But last night after going up with me several times he asked if he could go up the chairlift by himself - I said sure and then he was gone in a flash, got on the lift by himself and got down just as quick.

This from the little guy who cried when I left for work on Monday when he still wasn't up and thus didn't get to see me off.

:(

Barrister

The boys have been on a major Star Wars kick the last couple of months.

Josh rushes up to me and says: "Dad, you know Jawas are a big part of Star Wars.  If the Jawas hadn't found R2-D2, then Luke wouldn't have found R2-D2, and then Luke wouldn't have become a Jedi!"

:D

I'm raising such nerds...  :blush:

Barrister

Okay, so with Alberta relaxing Covid restrictions, that means - a return to kids hockey!  In June!  :sleep:

So Tim is playing with a "spring" hockey team that is generally comprised of some of the better players for his age category.  He was quite excited because this is the first year he ever made this team.

So for Father's day I got to see my first complete kids hockey game in a year and a half.  But because the teams are a little more exclusive, for the first time ever we had to drive well out of town for the game.  Tim and I drove an hour and a half to go to Penhold, Alberta (just south of Red Deer), to be sure to get there 45 minutes before the start time, to then play a 90 minute hockey game, and turn around and drive 90 minutes back home.  All in all that was about 5 1/2 hours out of my day.

Really enjoy watching him play and see how he's progressed.  He's a "stay at home" defenceman so he hardly ever scores, but he's just so good at being in the right position so the other team can hardly ever get by him.  He also had a beaut of an assist in the game.  It's not one that would be on the highlight real, but just from him being in the right place and doing what he needed to do: he was behind his own net, battles and gets the puck from the other team.  He takes it from behind the net, skates up a couple of strides and passes it to a teammate along the half board.  That teammate takes a couple of strides and passes to another player about mid-way down the ice.  That player then streaks in and scores.

He spent a good chunk of the rest of the night talking about how much he's enjoying being back to playing hockey.