Started by Barrister, May 17, 2012, 02:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Syt

Is it smart to post that picture where Siege can see it?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Grats SBR :)

Looks like some happy kids, Berkut :)

Great thread BB :cheers:

Arvoreen

My oldest daughter went to her junior prom last Friday....but I will NOT be posting any pictures here  :P

Kids are great...enjoy them while they are young....soon they start to talk back, say things like 'no'...or worse  :cry:

Malthus

Quote from: Josephus on May 18, 2012, 09:13:23 AM
It's the same with pictures and videos.
My brother has like 1000 pictures of the first three months of his first kid's life.
You'd be hard pressed to find more than a handful for his second kid.

It's all good as long as your baby home videos aren't like this:

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/worst-parent-week-dad-puts-toddler-washing-machine-183500809.html
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Quote from: Arvoreen on May 21, 2012, 03:05:36 PM
My oldest daughter went to her junior prom last Friday....but I will NOT be posting any pictures here  :P

Kids are great...enjoy them while they are young....soon they start to talk back, say things like 'no'...or worse  :cry:

My kid was saying "No!" at 18 months.  When he is in a certain mood it doesn't matter what you're offering:

"Timothy, would you like a sucker?"

"No!"

*then show him the sucker and watch him race towards it*

As for obnoxious smug parenting stories... I went through the crawlspace storage looking for some packed-up baby clothes.  I didn't find the clothes, but I found something better.

Teddy.  My teddy.  Hand-made by my mommy back in '75.  Sure, he has mid-70s diaper-pins holding his arms on, and a couple of holes he is slowly losing stuffing out of.  But Baby Number 2 is definitely getting Teddy.  Or rather, excuse me, Ted. E. Bear, to give him his proper name. :wub:  I don't care if baby just chews on him, spits up on him, or whatever - it is what Ted E. Bear would want.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

My baby is all grown up and has started climbing everything.

:cry:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

A not-so-smug story:

Little Tim has been getting up earlier and earlier each day.  Today it was 6am.  That's manageable during the week (I was already up), but is going to be intolerable on the weekend.  Any advice on how to get him to sleep just a little bit longer?

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on May 24, 2012, 09:31:30 AM
A not-so-smug story:

Little Tim has been getting up earlier and earlier each day.  Today it was 6am.  That's manageable during the week (I was already up), but is going to be intolerable on the weekend.  Any advice on how to get him to sleep just a little bit longer?

Benadryl?  ;)

But seriously - no idea. Wish I did!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Check to see how much light is being let in at the window. The Sun: nature's damned alarm clock.

As soon as the sunbeam hits him, he'll be up.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 24, 2012, 09:35:57 AM
Check to see how much light is being let in at the window. The Sun: nature's damned alarm clock.

As soon as the sunbeam hits him, he'll be up.

In addition to the venetian blinds, we have a couple of sheets draped over his window to make it dark.  It is dark, but not pitch black.  I should give it another try.  Edmonton isn't as far north as Yukon and the perpetual light you'd get this time of year, but it is pretty far north, and the sun is supposed to rise at 5:18 tomorrow.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney