Barrister's obnoxious thread full of smug parenting stories

Started by Barrister, May 17, 2012, 02:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Here's one for the young parents for the "You Just Wait" file:

So my niece, the 7 year old one, is playing "Truth or Dare" at school with her friends at lunch.  And what does she do?  Walks up and slaps Mommy in the face.

Hell, I wouldn't even do that, maybe not even now.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

That's the perils of:

1) getting older, and
2) hanging out with other peoples' kids.

They're over here this weekend, and I just had a nice, long conversation with her and school--she's at a new school, taking care of some light dyslexia issues--and I stressed to her the importance of doing very, very good in school:  it will make you better than other people, you will have a better life.  After all, Uncle Jay Jay didn't do well in grade school, and because he didn't do good enough to go to the kind of college where all the really important people go, now he's living in Amma and Pop Pop's basement, and you don't want that to happen to you, do you?  "Ewwww, I don't ever want to live in a basement!"  She's such a smart girl.

Ed Anger

Played Diablo 3 with the twins on the PS3 co-op. Vicious little shits when it comes to zapping bad guys with that Cyclops like frost beam thing the wizards have.

All I heard was "ZAP!" as they blasted various creatures. I just mainly watched since I didn't have cool powers.  :(

Barrister

Went to the monster truck show with Timmy today.

Big, big hit.  From the same kid who I ask every day "so what did you do at school today" and replies "I don't know", when we got home he managed to regale my wife with stories for a good hour about monster trucks, racing quads, transforming robots and his flag (cheap pennant on a stick we bought).

I always wondered (no, not really) exactly who goes to monster truck shows.  Now I know - parents of boys ages 3-9.  I've never seen so many pre-adolescent kids in one place before.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Last night the Olympics were on, and they were replaying the medal ceremony when those two sisters won gold and silver.

As the anthem was playing Timmy looks up from whatever he is playing and says "I like this song".  :cool:

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Barrister on February 12, 2014, 02:39:53 PM
Last night the Olympics were on, and they were replaying the medal ceremony when those two sisters won gold and silver.

As the anthem was playing Timmy looks up from whatever he is playing and says "I like this song".  :cool:

:weep: :Canuck:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Barrister

Went to my in-laws place on Sunday (in Alberta it was the Family Day long weekend).  The small town they live in was having a free skate at the local rink, so I took mine and Timmy's skates.

Now I've taken Timmy to two skating lessons, and each went badly.  Timmy was too afraid to get on the ice, being afraid he'd fall.  But when we get there, they had a thing that the kid can lean on to support himself as he learns to skate.  Kind of like a walker for ice.

Timmy grabbed that thing and took right to it.  He must've been skating around for over an hour.  Lots of other little kids (and even bigger kids) came on and off, but Timmy wanted to keep skating.

Then, he saw his older cousin and two uncles were playing hockey.  I found him a stick, but told him he couldn't use his little support.  So he still went out there and, though he fell a bunch of times, would get back up and hit a puck around a few times.   :cool:

Ed Anger

The twins were poking through my disorganized library of books and Cassandra wants to read my books now. None of that Scholastic crap for her. She picked up the Elric omnibus.  :wacko:

Luckily, I talked her out of that one.  :showoff:

Maybe a D&D novel. Some of those seem like they was written by a 6 year old.  :homestar: