Barrister's obnoxious thread full of smug parenting stories

Started by Barrister, May 17, 2012, 02:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnchorClanker

The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

CountDeMoney

I prefer being an uncle as well.  Crazy Uncle Jay Jay lets us stay up late and watch age-inappropriate TV when he babysits, yay!

I'll write my nieces letters now and then, they get a charge over getting their own mail.  Makes them feel big.

Ed Anger

I used to feed my nephews candy right before my bro would pick his kids up. ENJOY THE SUGAR RUSH.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Ok so I bought David a plastic tee ball set for Christmas just so we had another thing to play with outside.  Every once in a while we go and hit a few plastic balls around the yard and David generally likes just being able to swing a bat around and generally gets more tee than ball.  But today we went out and he was just crushing (for a 2.5 year old anyway) line drives all over the yard.  After each hit he would raise his hands and exclaim 'I'm a baseball player!'

I think I had a dadgasm.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

:D  Good stuff. 

Once Tommy settled in as a left-handed batter he's been hitting pretty consistently.  He kept switching up his throwing and batting, but it looks like he throws right and bats left. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

My daughter turned 2 today!

Incidently, BB's oldest turned 3.

HBs all around.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

katmai

I don't have to be gay to hate you damn people overpopulating the world!

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on May 31, 2013, 11:05:59 PM
I don't have to be gay to hate you damn people overpopulating the world!

Canada has negative population growth (until you factor in immigration).  I'm just doing my part. -_-

katmai

Barrister

Barrister

Timmy decided we had to go see the wild animals the other day.  So he put two chairs together so we could go on the "train".  We sat down on the chairs, made some train sounds, and we were at the jungle.  So then Timmy would take me around to different corners of the house.  We'd go into the kitchen, he'd point at the cupboards and he say "Look!  It's a MONKEY!!!" (emphasis in the original).

My favourites were the giraffe that was hiding behind the bedroom door, and the hippopotamus that was under the kitchen table.

That same day we were in the basement.  I was giving him horsey rides, getting on all fours and he'd ride on my back.  But horsey rides weren't interesting enough I guess, because soon I was a buffalo instead, giving buffalo rides.  My name was Daddy Buffalo, as in "go here Daddy Buffalo".  Timmy would ride to different corners of the basement, where he'd then tell me to stop because he had to go to a store.  We made stops at the Chair Store and the Food Store, for example.  Then he's tell me to take a rest and go to sleep - but only because 30 seconds later he'd yell out "Cock a Doodle Doo!!!" and we'd be back at it again.

And I have no idea if anyone is interested in these stories or not - I'm mostly posting them here for my own benefit.  I like opening this thread and going over past anecdotes. :)