Barrister's obnoxious thread full of smug parenting stories

Started by Barrister, May 17, 2012, 02:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2013, 04:38:08 PM
Too cute.  That reminds me, I need to try to find some rain boots for my daughter.  Who the hell knew they were "out of season" in all stores around here in the spring.

Speaking of which, Lola learned all her letters and numbers (side benefit of her iPad fixation) and now has an obsession now with reading license plates.  I have to distract her when we're walking through parking lots or we'll never get out :mellow:

Awesome. :thumbsup:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Too cute.  That reminds me, I need to try to find some rain boots for my daughter.  Who the hell knew they were "out of season" in all stores around here in the spring.

Be careful what you wish for;  my youngest niece was in a "rain boots" phase for a good year and a half.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 30, 2013, 05:24:42 PM

Be careful what you wish for;  my youngest niece was in a "rain boots" phase for a good year and a half.

Yeah, already there. She wears Tommy's around the house all the time.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Tommy has had a few interesting ones. Nothing quite as dark as those but still dark. Like when he hadn't seen one of his friends for a couple months & asked me "Does Tito think I'm dead?" :huh:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

So my wife had a doctor's appointment today.  I've missed a few, but today I could go.

When we went, the doctor, as hard as she tried, could not find the baby's heartbeat.  The doctor was pretty calm about it, but insisted we get into an ultrasound.  Today.  Which sent my wife into tears.

So we got into an ultrasound in the late afternoon.  Baby was just fine.  Just had his/her back to us.  But since we were in there, the ultrasound technician wanted to do the full workup.  Which included asking about gender.  After the big scare my wife really wanted to know the gender.

It's another boy!  Yay three boys! :unsure:

Admiral Yi

Jebus Chris GF, didn't you have a kid like 6 months ago?  :blink:

katmai

These people keep popping them out as they were going out of style.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 13, 2013, 11:41:42 PM
Jebus Chris GF, didn't you have a kid like 6 months ago?  :blink:

GF?

I had a kid 10 months ago.  This one was a... surprise.  All the more surprising since the first two took significant doses of fertility drugs.   :)

Valmy

You have beat me now Canadian-me but I still hold out hope we will aim for #3 when I finish my degree.

Speaking of my EE degree...watching my grades being reported with white knuckles, just finished my last final today.  That Probability class was a bitch.  I got a B+ on my advanced programming class at least.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 14, 2013, 12:03:51 AM
Quote from: Barrister on May 13, 2013, 11:57:44 PM
GF?

Gay Fox

Which is what posed the question mark - GF hadn't posted much of anything in the thread, so I assumed you were talking to me.

Admiral Yi

Couple pages back he posted a picture of his gigantic newborn.  The chick.