Author Topic: Nearly two-thirds of Gen Y/Z unaware 6m Jews killed in the Holocaust – study  (Read 450 times)

11B4V

• Octogon Champion
  • Uncle Istvan
Re: Nearly two-thirds of Gen Y/Z unaware 6m Jews killed in the Holocaust – study
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2020, 05:46:10 pm »
Battlestar Galactica?
I rest my case.... :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

• Blessed by Valmy
  • I'll sleep when I'm dead
Re: Nearly two-thirds of Gen Y/Z unaware 6m Jews killed in the Holocaust – study
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2020, 05:49:19 pm »
Battlestar Galactica?

Brigadier Surgeon-General?

Battalion Sergeant's Galley?

Butler's Steering Gear?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

The Larch

• Incan Torpedo Boat Commander
  • I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2020, 04:33:28 am »
I don't see the connection to Messerschmidt

It's maybe the oldest in-joke on Languish.

Germans call a know-it-all a besserweiser.  A "better-knower" IIRC.  Some people took to calling besserweisers Messerschmidts so the besserweiser would correct them and demonstrate they are, in fact, a besserweiser.

I've been here since basically the very beginning and this is the first time I've seen this even mentioned.

Syt

• Neil
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2020, 04:34:32 am »

Germans call a know-it-all a besserweiser.  A "better-knower" IIRC.  Some people took to calling besserweisers Messerschmidts so the besserweiser would correct them and demonstrate they are, in fact, a besserweiser.

I've been here since basically the very beginning and this is the first time I've seen this even mentioned.

Yeah, never seen it before.
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

chipwich

• Mouth Sugar
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2020, 04:43:01 am »
I vaguely remember it.

The Brain

• Blessed by Valmy
  • All man
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2020, 04:48:51 am »
Thanks, people who don't read my posts. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Monoriu

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2020, 05:25:11 am »
I remember the Octagon, but not that one. 

Maladict

• Furry
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2020, 05:57:24 am »

That was on pdox, wasn't it?

The Larch

• Incan Torpedo Boat Commander
  • I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2020, 06:14:42 am »

Yup, Top Cat's greatest legacy joke.  :lol:

Maladict

• Furry
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2020, 07:51:38 am »

Yeah that's the chap. Couldn't remember the name, which put me at a disadvantage.

Pedrito

• Strawman
  • Goofy
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2020, 08:09:07 am »

Yeah that's the chap. Couldn't remember the name, which put me at a disadvantage.
^_^

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

mongers

• Blessed by Valmy
  • Embrace the solitude
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2020, 09:34:59 am »

Same here.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2020, 10:42:23 am »

Same here.

Yi has a lot of phrases that one needs a code book to crack. This was definitely one of them.