Yi is making the high speed plunge!

Started by Admiral Yi, January 20, 2012, 11:15:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

Quote from: garbon on February 24, 2012, 02:22:21 PM
did you really suggest AOL?
:D

Yi, there are a few simple things you can try to improve your signal.

Minimize interference. Try to figure out what's in a direct line between the two antennae. Electrical appliances or wires in between can cause interference. This includes your computer and any wires in the walls or floors, which is why moving the antenna even a couple feet can make a big difference.

Align your antennae. Not sure how much difference this can make at the range you're using, but it's worth a shot. Assuming your devices came with simple stick antennae, try to make them as parallel as possible.

Admiral Yi

That's exactly what I did Maxy Moose.  The computer tower was blocking the direct line between the router and the adapter.  Now that I've put the adapter in a cradle on top of the tower things look pretty peachy.

DontSayBanana

ONLY for webmail.  Because it's a freebie.  Generally any big-name one that isn't Yahoo.
Experience bij!

garbon

Quote from: DontSayBanana on March 03, 2012, 10:37:13 PM

ONLY for webmail.  Because it's a freebie.  Generally any big-name one that isn't Yahoo.

There's still no excuse. AOL is antiquated. You read an e-mail and it gets sorted into your read mailbox which is separate from your inbox. :x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.