News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WoW [General Discussion]

Started by Korea, March 12, 2009, 10:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I brought a Night Elf Warrior Tank and Night Elf Shadow Priest both to level 40-something and got bored around Scarlet Monastery. I did roll a bunch of alts that I took to level 20-something, but the game was far too grindy for me.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 23, 2019, 05:47:59 AM
What makes you think you'll play the game this time?

I played a lot of characters back in the day. Sure, I got bored with them/switched temporarily to other games, but I still had a good time and have fond memories. I've always disliked the attitude that the "real game" of any MMO starts after max level. That sounds like effin' work.

So I'll be playing for nostalgia. And no doubt after two months tops I'll be done with it. But I will have enjoyed myself. Isn't that the point?

Barrister

I knew this game released (or re-released, I guess) on Tuesday, August 27.  But I didn't realize it was midnight Europe in August 27.

Which means it goes live at 4pm MDT.

So I did pre-roll a orc warrior on Bloodsail Buccaneers.  BA, you should send me a friend request tonight if you're playing.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

I am not sure how far back they are rolling the clock - are Shamans Horde only again and are they going to be the world beaters they once were.  Those were some some times in open world pvp  :)

Syt

Here's what'll happen: 90% of the people will play this for a week or two to relive some old memories of first playing the game and move on; not least because there's probably a lot of quality of life features missing, and the game has a much higher time requirement - a lot of the people who played this for hours on end when they were younger now have jobs and families.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 26, 2019, 12:59:10 PM
I am not sure how far back they are rolling the clock - are Shamans Horde only again and are they going to be the world beaters they once were.  Those were some some times in open world pvp  :)

Shamans are indeed Horde only.  They're going back to the 1.12 patch (which went live right before TBC), although certain end-game content is going to be released in stages (not that I'll ever play through any of that).

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Barrister on August 26, 2019, 12:53:18 PM
BA, you should send me a friend request tonight if you're playing.
Temeter#1520 is my b-tag handle.
My character list so far is:

Bloodsail Buccaneers
Weetamoo (Tauren Druid)
Metacom (Tauren Hunter)
Canonchet (Tauren Warrior)
Voyen (Forsaken Priest)
Amélie (Human Paladin)

Grobbulus
Rennard (Human Paladin)
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Barrister

Ah queues... how I've missed you...

I have an estimate  of only 30 minutes.  Apparently some PVP realms have waits of hours.

Sophie Scholl

40 minutes queue for me.  I'm tempted to not even bother yet.  I have a feeling it is going to be so jammed it'll be impossible to do anything.  We shall see.  I've already burned half the time...
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Valmy

Hehe. The more things change...
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

It was fun. :)

The tech they have which creates separate instances means that the intro zone was crowded, but not unbearable.  It was fun to be on a brand new server.  I went into Ogrimmar on some quest... and the AH and bank were completely empty.  Whereas Durotar chat was lively AF.

Only made it to level 8, and I'm sure the masses will soon pass me by, but that was definitely fun.

Sophie Scholl

Got to 7 on a warrior and a shaman.  I forgot how truly terrible warriors are to solo in Vanilla. :(

Solmyr

Quote from: Barrister on August 26, 2019, 07:58:54 PM
Ah queues... how I've missed you...

I have an estimate  of only 30 minutes.  Apparently some PVP realms have waits of hours.

So they really went for that authentic experience...

Barrister

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on August 27, 2019, 02:07:07 AM
Got to 7 on a warrior and a shaman.  I forgot how truly terrible warriors are to solo in Vanilla. :(

I'm levelling a warrior.  They aren't terrible to solo - the survivability helps.  They're just... slow.

Zoupa

I leveled to 60 on a protection warrior. It was incredibly slow in Vanilla. Compared to the warlock I played afterwards, it was especially obvious.