News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WoW [General Discussion]

Started by Korea, March 12, 2009, 10:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

So I went out and bought a month-s subscription in order to play the stress-test the last two nights.

At first I rolled an orc warrior.  The starting zone was CRAZY, with intense competition for each mob as soon as they spawned.  It was, frankly, impossible to do anything.

So I re-rolled a tauren shaman.  Because frankly the tauren starting zone sucks, there were a lot less players and I was able to do some things.  There were still other people though, so it was reasonably lively.

You do realize that there have been a lot of little quality of life improvements that have been made.  I like that the map doesn't spoon-feed you where your quest objectives are, but not even quest-givers show up on your mini-map.  I was mousing over vendors looking for the little anvil to show me who could repair - that doesn't exist either.

But I'll definitely give the game a go again in August.  It was a fun time.  And if server populations crash and fall, so be it - it's only a game.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

I look forward to reading AARs, B.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 25, 2019, 06:04:01 AM
I look forward to reading AARs, B.

I don't know there's much need for AARs - it's WoW.  You've already played it before.

Instead you should come and gibe it a try yourself in August!

Grey Fox

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Quote from: katmai on June 26, 2019, 09:52:25 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 26, 2019, 10:38:50 AM
I think I will.
You seem to be on battle net enough as it is <_<

It's an app, I leave it open. Just like Steam or Uplay.

Solmyr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyCPtrTxU50

Blizzard is not going to see one more cent from me. And if you still pay them for their games, you should feel bad.

Barrister

Classic is out in two weeks or so.  If you have an active sub you can even reserve character names now.  Servers names and types have also been announced.

Anyone out there interested in playing classic WoW with me?  I can be convinced to go any server, horde or alliance, if there are other people there.

If it's just me though I'm probably going Alliance on the one RP-PVP server - Grobbulous.

Eddie Teach

On WoW classic do they let you play pandas, blood elves, death knights,  etc?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 13, 2019, 12:20:21 AM
On WoW classic do they let you play pandas, blood elves, death knights,  etc?
what part of classic don't you understand?  :P :rolleyes:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Barrister on August 12, 2019, 11:17:26 PM
Classic is out in two weeks or so.  If you have an active sub you can even reserve character names now.  Servers names and types have also been announced.

Anyone out there interested in playing classic WoW with me?  I can be convinced to go any server, horde or alliance, if there are other people there.

If it's just me though I'm probably going Alliance on the one RP-PVP server - Grobbulous.
I reserved a name on Bloodsail Buccaneers (RP).  I could be tempted into going to Grobbulous though.  Maybe.  My memories of pvp and rp-pvp servers in classic aren't overly rosy.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Barrister

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on August 13, 2019, 03:15:02 AM
Quote from: Barrister on August 12, 2019, 11:17:26 PM

I reserved a name on Bloodsail Buccaneers (RP).  I could be tempted into going to Grobbulous though.  Maybe.  My memories of pvp and rp-pvp servers in classic aren't overly rosy.

Horde or alliance?

I didn't mind PvP too much: as long as you were willing to log out for 5-10 minutes if a ganker was corpse camping you.  But there were some cool PvP encounters out while exploring from time to time.

Butlike I said - I'm willing to go anywhere I might know people.

Sophie Scholl

Horde.  Tauren Hunter.  I miss the bonding aspect of pets from Classic.  Having to train them, feed them, keep them alive, teach them skills, and what not.  I probably need to delve a bit deeper into the classes as they stand, but I think Hunter or Warrior will be my class of choice.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Tamas

I think I'll go with a Tauren druid. That was my favourite character, went with it the furthest (level 32 :P )

Eddie Teach

What makes you think you'll play the game this time?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?