News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WoW [General Discussion]

Started by Korea, March 12, 2009, 10:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Nickname Who Was Thursday

I just hit 34 on my priest. Was in one of those horrible pugs I mostly manage to avoid at 80. Our tank was a twinked holy paladin who kept trying to chain pull even though she was way too squishy for me to maintain mana without drinking. No markings, no cc, way too many mobs running into other groups. Highest dps was tank at around 60.  :D Plus the group was full of 31s while the mobs were 34-35.

We managed to kill Doan anyway. I got a new shoulderpiece.
The Erstwhile Eddie Teach

Korea

I just rolled a Rogue Gnome for some reason. Are rogues any good at anything at all?
I want my mother fucking points!

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

Quote from: Korea on March 14, 2009, 04:12:59 PM
I just rolled a Rogue Gnome for some reason. Are rogues any good at anything at all?

I like the idea of a rogue, but I just can't stand to play one for any length of time.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Rogues are very good at 1v1 pvp.

Korea

Quote from: The Nickname Who Was Thursday on March 14, 2009, 05:03:55 PM

Yeah someone told me that was all they are good at.

katmai

Quote from: katmai on March 14, 2009, 09:00:46 PM
Quote from: The Nickname Who Was Thursday on March 14, 2009, 05:03:55 PM

not against feral druids :p

Good thing they have stealth and vanish then, isn't it. :P

Rogues have the greatest ability to pick the fights they want out of any class. Even ferals. Vanish/blind/sprint/gouge/etc >>>> travel form/nature's grasp as escape abilities.

katmai

Quote from: The Nickname Who Was Thursday on March 14, 2009, 09:15:38 PM

Good thing they have stealth and vanish then, isn't it. :P

Rogues have the greatest ability to pick the fights they want out of any class. Even ferals. Vanish/blind/sprint/gouge/etc >>>> travel form/nature's grasp as escape abilities.

won't argue with that, they are the bigges pussies in game.  :P

Martinus

My main problem with playing a rogue (other than the fact that you never want them in a PUG) is that they take so much patience to fully utilize their abilities. For example, when soloing you theoretically want to sneak behind any mob, pick its pockets etc, but I just don't have patience to do so.

So I just go into melee head-on and it feels like playing a leather-wearing warrior.

The Brain

When I played a rogue I tended to hang around lower-level areas and oneshot people in the back when they were questing. Great fun was had by all.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

I fail at quitting.  :(

After having quit for a few weeks, my wife out of the blue said "hey set up that WoW game so I can play again".  She started playing her BE Hunter on Lightninghoof for a bit, until she understandably got frustrated with the ganking at lvl 20+.  So she rolled a rogue on a random PvE server (Whisperwind I think).

So now I have a lvl 13 NE druid on that same server.  :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on March 15, 2009, 01:19:11 PM
I fail at quitting.  :(

After having quit for a few weeks, my wife out of the blue said "hey set up that WoW game so I can play again".  She started playing her BE Hunter on Lightninghoof for a bit, until she understandably got frustrated with the ganking at lvl 20+.  So she rolled a rogue on a random PvE server (Whisperwind I think).

So now I have a lvl 13 NE druid on that same server.  :(

:console: It won't be the same but it'll do, you'll see. Playing Alliance feels so weird.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

Woohoo. I just healed on my pally our first guild Naxx run. We brought down all the bosses of the Arachnid Quarter and one boss in each of the Plague and the Construct quarter. I got nice shoulders and mail pants.

Here's my profile after the run

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=Visseris

Korea

I just rerolled a night elf druid and I like her a lot.