News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WoW [General Discussion]

Started by Korea, March 12, 2009, 10:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

I like exploring the landscape in MMOs, so the current trend for making the landscape faceroll-easy buggers the games up for me. I got a sub for WOW classic and I'm enjoying it. A lot of the quests are really difficult to do solo, so it is a joy when an ad hoc group is formed. Retail wow, however, since the levelling is such an irrelevant chore, why not just have a button to get you to level cap (and another to press to make you fully geared)?

Tamas

Yeah, Classic is very hard compared to retail. That is of course because retail appears to have been devolved into a pointless button-pusher, even compared to average MMO levels of "challenge".

frunk

GW2 has it both ways.  Leveling and exploring the old fashion way still takes some time, or it's easy enough to get tokens that pop you to level cap if you want to.

The biggest complaint I have on that score is that they haven't been adding new lower level content.  All of the new content is for max level.

Valmy

Quote from: frunk on September 03, 2019, 07:22:04 AM
GW2 has it both ways.  Leveling and exploring the old fashion way still takes some time, or it's easy enough to get tokens that pop you to level cap if you want to.

The biggest complaint I have on that score is that they haven't been adding new lower level content.  All of the new content is for max level.

Well Classic WoW is unlikely to be adding any new content of any kind. So there is that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sophie Scholl

If anyone is thinking of coming back, let me know!  Blizzard is adding a new recruit a friend tool that gives rewards when friends add game time for either new players or players who haven't added game time to their accounts in 2 years or more. :)
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Barrister

I'm surprised that 2 weeks in and the world still feels very busy to me - lots of time waiting for mobs to spawn in Westfall.  So you group up to do several of them but that cuts into your XPs so now (at level 16) almost all of my quests are over my level.  I'm probably too low-level to run the first instance (Deadmines).  I went over to Loch Modan but surprisingly didn't find as many quests as I would've expected, and ran into the same problem of being under-levelled for everything that's left.

It's still far more enjoyable than the current experience in the live game where the world levels up with you and you never get to feel your character getting stronger.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Zoupa

IIRC you need to to switch continents BB. Ashenvale maybe? Or wetlands. Duskwood.

crazy canuck

Yeah I recall needing to travel a lot to find appropriate level quests.  The game was much more about exploring and killing mobs not needed for quests to level.

Valmy

IIRC even if you use a guide to find all the quests possible you still run out sometimes, especially if you are not doing the quests in the instances.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Yeah, I spent the time and went to Darkshore and found a ton of quests...

Man.  I haven't played alliance since 2005?  I forget all this stuff.

Syt

I spent so much time in the glum dark forests of Teldrassil and Darkshore when I started playing this game. Coming to open Westfall was kind of disconcerting afterwards. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

So my mage is up to level 19.  I've cleared out my bags, I've tracked down all the quests.  Next time I play (which may not be a couple of days)... I'm going to try and find a Deadmines group.

Barrister

Sat down last nite to try and run Deadmines.

Spammed "LFG" for a half hour (I'm now well behind the levelling curve) with no takers.

Maybe Friday night will be more accommodating.

Eddie Teach

Oh yeah, getting an instance run together used to be quite a feat.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zoupa