News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WoW [General Discussion]

Started by Korea, March 12, 2009, 10:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

So is anyone else vaguely interested in the upcoming WoW Classic? :unsure:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 22, 2019, 02:25:28 PM

Oh man I am so excited to play it. But I can't. I don't have that kind of time anymore.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on May 22, 2019, 02:34:47 PM

Oh man I am so excited to play it. But I can't. I don't have that kind of time anymore.

I dunno.  I mean I'm not going to hit level 60 and go raiding.  But it could be fun to go with nostalgia and just very slowly (this is vanilla wow after all) level up a character after the kids go to bed.  Maybe if I get crazy I'll try running a 5-man dungeon. :o

Or I'll play it for a week, realize that you can't go back in time, and quit.

Eddie Teach

My sister and her husband plan on playing that. I'm not feeling the urge.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 22, 2019, 02:41:29 PM

I do not understand this. It is not like Vanilla WoW is some kind of artifact from your childhood. You get all nostalgic thinking about 15 years ago? Hell to me that feels like yesterday.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on May 22, 2019, 03:22:15 PM

I do not understand this. It is not like Vanilla WoW is some kind of artifact from your childhood. You get all nostalgic thinking about 15 years ago? Hell to me that feels like yesterday.

I'm nostalgic for a time before I had kids, and had lots of time to play MMOs.  That feels like ages ago.

Solmyr

Vanilla WoW really was pretty crap in the quality of life area. I have no idea why anyone would want to torture themselves with it.

Valmy

Quote from: Solmyr on May 22, 2019, 03:29:22 PM
Vanilla WoW really was pretty crap in the quality of life area. I have no idea why anyone would want to torture themselves with it.

Well I disagree completely. I thought it was a great mix between challenge and convenience.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 22, 2019, 03:25:37 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 22, 2019, 03:22:15 PM

I'm nostalgic for a time before I had kids, and had lots of time to play MMOs.  That feels like ages ago.

Ah. Yeah, yeah I totally feel you there.

I run into that problem all the time now. I will get super excited to play some game. Make an effort for a few days and then realize "oh right, I cannot enjoy these things like I used to"

Having to go days, and maybe weeks, between extended play sessions kind of kills it. Hence while I really enjoyed WoW and would love to go back to it, it is just not happening.

Barrister

Quote from: Solmyr on May 22, 2019, 03:29:22 PM

What sort of "quality of life" issues are you thinking of?

"Classic WoW" is built on the 1.12 patch, right before TBC, so some of the most egregious issues were already taken care of.  But some of the "quality of life" issues are what make me think of the game fondly - like that travelling actually took a long time.

KRonn

There's plenty enough for me to do in the non-Classic game so no I'm not sure if I'll get into Classic WoW. I'm playing a lot, being retired and just working some part time, so I have more time to play.

One good thing about Classic is that I remember how the instances and raids were back then and it could be good to get into that again.

katmai

Been playing the beta, fuck i forgot how much i hated running around without a mount.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: katmai on May 22, 2019, 08:39:45 PM
Been playing the beta, fuck i forgot how much i hated running around without a mount.
You know, I kept forgetting to message you on Facebook if that was actually you that I saw online or if your account got hacked.  Good to know it was actually you!   :Embarrass:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Barrister

I didn't realize Languish types were still playing WoW!

I don't suppose there's any interest in recreating old times with a bunch of Languishites rolling on a new classic server in August?  Probably not.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 22, 2019, 11:51:25 PM
I didn't realize Languish types were still playing WoW!

I don't suppose there's any interest in recreating old times with a bunch of Languishites rolling on a new classic server in August?  Probably not.

If I did not have to pay a sub fee I would have loved just to pop in from time to time and hang out.