News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WoW [General Discussion]

Started by Korea, March 12, 2009, 10:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Iirc they didn't dumb it down until after the lfg dungeon tool was introduced.  I can remember waiting for Katmai to log on with his tank before doing the daily dungeon runs because a pug tank was too painful.  Plus he was a great tank   :)

Solmyr

On the other hand, LFG tools in these games are the only way I get to experience that content nowadays. None of my friends play MMOs, and I don't play regularly enough to be in a guild. So I'm happy there are LFG tools.

Liep

With battle.net groupings maybe we should make a Languish group? Alliances might still be a challenge. :hmm:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Iormlund

Quote from: Zoupa on August 16, 2018, 08:18:37 AMRemember when you had to mark targets in the old Scholomance runs? "Don't break the sheep!" "I'll sap this one" Fights were way more engaging than pressing the same 3 buttons repeatedly.

You don't have to go that far. We were marking shit in Grim Batol.

Personally I can see the appeal of solo PvE: I used to play with my IRL mates. Most have moved on. They have kids, wives, etc. LFG exists, sure, but it's often toxic unless you overgear content (or its nerfed by default).

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

crazy canuck

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 17, 2018, 12:32:23 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 16, 2018, 10:23:39 PM
Plus he was a great tank   :)

Careful, he might get a big head.

Meh, he had lots of people telling him the same thing back in the day, if his head did not pop then it is unlikely to do so now.

Rex Francorum

I enjoy the game, but I am not as much wowed (no pun intended) or hyped as I was for Legion or the previous expansions. The zones are gorgeous but I don't know how long I will stick.
To rent

Eddie Teach

Oh, you were the guy hyped for Legion?  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

I did my first dungeon runs with my disc healer.  My first run was chaotic as hell, healing and dpsing to heal was difficult but it was a fun change.  Targeting for dps was my biggest problem. But even with having no experience and undoubtedly making many mistakes only one dps who was standing on the flames died on the run.  I did some research and realized I need target of target macros on my dps skills so I didn't have to waste time tabbing to get a proper target.  That made all the difference and on the second run I was the third highest dps and because I kept atonement up, I healed the run with ease.

So I am a bit conflicted, this new (to me) mechanic is fun to learn.  But I think it goes to show how easy these dungeon runs are that someone who has basically has no skill can still make it through.  :D

Sophie Scholl

I ran my first BfA dungeon yesterday as a tank to finish off the Drustvar zone campaign and... it was pretty damn easy.  Granted I ran it on normal and was over geared, but the dramatic cut in threat production wasn't as bad as I had feared it would be.  I'm still enjoying the new content and plan on working on a disc priest eventually as I had fun with that spec killing time at the end of Legion.  I honestly think that the old dungeons during leveling are harder than the new content right now. Which seems... silly.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on August 20, 2018, 01:56:36 PM
the dramatic cut in threat production wasn't as bad as I had feared it would be.

Yeah, I saw no problems with the two tanks on my first runs, other than one dps who got out ahead of the tank in one encounter.  I didn't heal him until he got right down to near death, he didn't try that again.  It is the old story of healers teaching dps to make it easier on the tanks. :)

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 20, 2018, 04:48:14 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on August 20, 2018, 01:56:36 PM
the dramatic cut in threat production wasn't as bad as I had feared it would be.

Yeah, I saw no problems with the two tanks on my first runs, other than one dps who got out ahead of the tank in one encounter.  I didn't heal him until he got right down to near death, he didn't try that again.  It is the old story of healers teaching dps to make it easier on the tanks. :)
As a long time tank... :hug:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

crazy canuck

I am at the point in the expansion when I also left legion.  The questing was fun and well designed, the initial dungeons on heroic and mythic were fun - even though I had low level gear.  But now all the good players have moved on to their own groups and I am left with pugs.  Even though my gear is now much better, dungeons are harder because more often than not I get stuck with dps who don't interrupt, just attack and don't do the mechanics of the fight, and/or pull groups themselves if they think the tank isn't pulling fast enough.  And then they blame the tank or the healer for the inevitable wipe.  It would be better if I had an active guild, but then there is the problem of finding a time when everyone can get together, and so I think it is time to leave again.  The times a good pug group comes around almost makes it worth still playing.  But the aggravation of the rest tips the balance.

KRonn

I just did my first Arathi and then my first Warfront. Warfront was pretty intense, took a little while but I think part of that was a first time there for a lot of players like me. Fun time though and I got a couple pieces of great gear.