News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars The Old Republic Roll Call

Started by Berkut, December 20, 2011, 09:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Kay - any idea what crafting professional you're going to pick up, or which advanced class?

I'm tempted to go Sentinel myself, and then artifice or synthweaving depending on what you were going for.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

katmai

Oh and Beeb, i'm planning to go Sage with synthweaving as main profession

Barrister

Quote from: Jaron on June 03, 2012, 12:56:51 PM
Is it free to play?

Apparently it is going free up to lvl 15 in July.  Right now you can get a 7-day guest pass.

Barrister

So yesterday they did announce they would be coming up with:

-increase level cap
-new planet
-new raid
-new playable species - Cathar(sp?)
-new companion - HK droid
-and as I mentioned, F2P up to level 15

Strix

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Barrister

Come over to Pleasure Barge - Kat and I re-rolled about a week ago since it had a higher pop.

Incedentally, they announced character transfers starting next week.  They initially said it would be free-for-all transfer anywhere you would want to go, but now it'll be limited.  Which means my characters on my PvP server which was dead will not be able to transfer over to the nice PvE server I'm on now.

Barrister

They've started a very limited number of server transfers.  Contrary to initial reports, you will only have one option on where to transfer characters to.  It will always be the same server rule type, so no PvE to PvP transfers.

Kat - thankfully Please Barge is a destination server - a place where people transfer to.  Interesting to see how much of a difference that makes.

No word on transfers to or from Helm of Graush or Kaas City.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Barrister on June 05, 2012, 11:39:49 AM
So yesterday they did announce they would be coming up with:

-increase level cap
-new planet
-new raid
-new playable species - Cathar(sp?)
-new companion - HK droid
-and as I mentioned, F2P up to level 15

Well, those graphs you linked show US pop. hasn't hit standard levels since March; that might have something to do with it.
Experience bij!

Barrister

They've opened up more servers for transfers, but they are all transfers to the same servers from yesterday.  Looks like in the US they are trying to consolidate into 1 PvP and 2 PvE servers on each of the east and west coasts.

Looks like RP and RP-PvP servers are going to be screwed.  They are consolidating within those same rule sets, but that means they're only consolidating a handful of servers which may not have enough of a critical mass.

Still no word on Helm of Graush or Kaas City.

Solmyr

Wonder how that works if I have 8 chars on one RP server and 8 on the other.

katmai

Hey Beeb, new transfers are up

Helm of Graush to Prophecy of the Five  for your pvp server characters.

MadImmortalMan

Looks like my server is getting moved to Pleasure Barge too. When I logged in today it was full though. Server consolidation is another one of those signs of a dying mmo, right?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers