News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous Sports Thread

Started by Liep, December 16, 2011, 02:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Cav keeps winning. Pretty impressive sprinting from the little Brit.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on July 07, 2016, 10:42:36 AM
Cav keeps winning. Pretty impressive sprinting from the little Brit.

Yes, especially consider he'd almost been written off as being over the hill now.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

The Brits keep winning, today it was Cummings.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on July 08, 2016, 10:11:13 AM
The Brits keep winning, today it was Cummings.

That was a quality ride.

And from a man they refused to take to next month's Olympics.  :wacko:

Josquius

Wheelchair tennis.
Is there something I'm missing?
As it just looks rather sad. Too hard to get a rally
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

I think it is fair to say we have reached a critical mass of Indians and Pakistanis in Austin, Texas. A tipping point, if you will, has been reached.

http://hcca-austincricket.com/

I have seen them playing at Mayfield Park almost every time I go there.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on July 11, 2016, 01:59:07 PM
I think it is fair to say we have reached a critical mass of Indians and Pakistanis in Austin, Texas. A tipping point, if you will, has been reached.

:cool:

It's a great social game, Valmy you should have a go.

Barrister

Quote from: mongers on July 11, 2016, 02:05:40 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 11, 2016, 01:59:07 PM

:cool:

It's a great social game, Valmy you should have a go.

I'm sure it's a fine game.  But in north america it's pretty much exclusively a south asian game.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Maladict

Quote from: Barrister on July 11, 2016, 02:07:29 PM

I'm sure it's a fine game.  But in north america it's pretty much exclusively a south asian game.

That's an odd reason to dismiss it. :huh:

Liep

Some choice words by Cav caught on camera when he had a flat 7 km before the goalline. :lol:

Liep

Froome is acting very non-Froome like this year. I like it. Crazy downhill driving, adventurous side wind attacks. Today's win by Sagan was spectacular and it was in part Froome's doing.

mongers

Quote from: Liep on July 13, 2016, 10:16:32 AM
Froome is acting very non-Froome like this year. I like it. Crazy downhill driving, adventurous side wind attacks. Today's win by Sagan was spectacular and it was in part Froome's doing.

Sagan seems to embody the 'spirit' of the Tour de France; he just failed to win the race single-handedly yesterday, so he had another go today.

Notice how immediately after the finish, Froome went onto his static bike for the scientific warm-down regime, Sagan just stood around chating to him and others.  :cool:

Liep

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/13/russian-athlete-competing-under-a-neutral-flag-at-the-olympics-branded-a-traitor

QuoteRussian athlete Darya Klishina has been widely criticised after she agreed to compete under a neutral flag at next month's Olympics, a move which could make her one of Russia's only track-and-field athletes not banned due to a national doping scandal.

Social media denounced the long jumper as a "traitor" after she thanked her sponsors and coaches for their support and expressed gratitude to the International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF) for allowing her to compete.

Show trial! Show trial!  :contract:

As a neutral spectator I think she'll add positively to the Olympics.

Liep

That was the craziest finish to a stage I've ever seen. From the moment the camera caught Froome running up Mont Ventoux sans bicycle to him crossing the line I just watched in disbelief.

Maladict

Yeah, unbelievable. And even more so if this result is allowed to stand.