Main Menu

The Miscellaneous Sports Thread

Started by Liep, December 16, 2011, 02:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 14, 2015, 05:52:29 AM
Quote from: Valmy on November 09, 2015, 10:35:49 AM
Quote from: Syt on November 09, 2015, 10:34:50 AM
Clearly this is a campaign by US and their Western lapdogs to discredit the brave Russian athletes.  :mad:

Oh no doubt this will be blamed on us. Because we totally give a shit about any sports Russians play.

Hockey?

First why would we want to disqualify some of the NHL's best players?

Secondly they are pathetic chokers in international play anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

A slim majority has voted against Hamburg entering the race for hosting the 2024 Olympics: 51.6% No vs. 48.4% Yes. Voter turnout was 50.1%.

That leaves L.A., Rome, Paris, and Budapest in the competition.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Wait. No oil states? Well, we now know that all countries have deeply corrupt Olympic committees so it's going to be hard to predict.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Quote from: Liep on November 30, 2015, 05:25:58 AM
Wait. No oil states? Well, we now know that all countries have deeply corrupt Olympic committees so it's going to be hard to predict.

I'd bet on L.A. or Paris. Though I'm guessing no matter where it takes place it will be a surveillance/security lockdown nightmare for the people in the cities.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Liep

Yeah, LA gets it since Europe had it in 2004 and 2012 and it's been east 3 times (at that time) since the US last had it.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Denmark is playing Japan right now we're struggling already. I think if Denmark doesn't win this and give the Jutish proletariat some much needed comfort we're going to see riots in the street.

Liep

mongers

Quote from: Liep on December 10, 2015, 09:23:51 AM
New jersey's for Tinkoff's team

Just what that team needs more accidents, caused by people not being able to see them, was it inspired by WW1 warship disruptive camouflage schemes?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

No one started a thread about the European Handball Championship in Poland that began yesterday? :huh: Anyhoo, Denmark thrashed the Russians! :w00t:

11B4V

Wilder knocked that mother fucker out. :o
https://youtube.com/watch?v=ytMn8tgNi4o
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Liep

Quote from: Liep on January 16, 2016, 04:25:49 PM
No one started a thread about the European Handball Championship in Poland that began yesterday? :huh: Anyhoo, Denmark thrashed the Russians! :w00t:

Biggest news from the tournament so far, Sweden's captain wasn't allowed to wear a rainbow coloured armband and Sweden's players have accused the Polish hosts of being backward idiots (more or less) for rejecting it while still having cheerleaders in the half time.

Liep

A 13 year old girl just won the slope style at X-Games. :o

Syt

Angelique Kerber is the first German since 1994 to win the Australian Open.  :cool:

Also, German handball team is in European Championship final. :)
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on January 30, 2016, 06:27:56 AMAlso, German handball team is in European Championship final. :)

Against us...  :ph34r:

Liep

Easy to win when you cheat and have an extra player on the field!